Chicken thighs baked in the oven with an apricots sauce. Serve with steamed rice and green vegetables for an easy meal.
Tray bakes are a great way to infuse a lot of flavour into your meat. On top of that, they are really easy to prepare! My Apricot Chicken Tray Bake is made with chicken thighs which are already full of flavour but get taken to the next level in the sweet apricot sauce.
In this recipe I have used chicken thighs, you can swap for chicken breasts but they may dry out in the oven. So bake until they are just cooked through, you may have to cut one in half to test once they are cooked.
How to make Apricot chicken:
Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake. Cut each chicken thigh into three pieces and add to a large casserole dish. Drain the apricots over a glass jug, reserving the liquid for later. Scatter the apricots over the chicken thighs.
Add the garlic, cumin, soy sauce and cornflour to 100ml of the reserved juice and mix everything together. Pour over the chicken then bake for 40 minutes.
Turn the chicken, scatter the almonds over and bake for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve on top of fluffy rice with sliced spring onion and steamed green vegetables.
Common questions and tips for Apricot chicken :
What else could I serve this meal with? Apricot chicken could also be served on mashed potatoes or your favourite noodles.
How long does this meal keep for? Cooked chicken will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1kg chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 can apricots halves, 410g
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 30g sliced almonds
- Steamed white rice
- Steamed green vegetables
- Spring onion
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan bake.
- Cut each chicken thigh into three pieces and add to a large casserole dish.
- Drain the can of apricot reserving the liquid for later. Scatter apricots over the chicken thighs.
- Add the garlic, cumin, soy sauce and cornflour to 100ml of the reserved apricot juice and mix together. Pour over the chicken and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn over chicken, scatter over the almonds and bake for another 10 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Serve on top of fluffy rice with spring onion to garnish and steamed greens on the side.
- Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to three months in the freezer. Reheat until piping hot before serving.
- This could also be served on top of mashed potatoes.