THIS CHARGRILLED CHICKEN SALAD IS A PERFECT SUMMER MEAL. THE SMOKY BARBECUE CHICKEN GOES SO WELL WITH FRESH, SUMMER PRODUCE.
There’s nothing better than spending the summer nights outside having a BBQ with family and friends. One of my favourites is cooking chicken on the BBQ, it tastes so good and gives it a lovely smoky taste. This yummy Chargrilled Chicken Salad will be the perfect addition to your summer menu. You can easily create the base salad to take to your next get together and crank up the BBQ to add the finishing touch of the chargrilled chicken.
There is so much produce to choose from this summer. I’ve selected a combination of corn, avocado, cherry tomatoes, diced peaches and topped with pine nuts. Countdown has a great range of fresh, affordable produce – perfect for putting together this type of dish. They also have everything I need to feed and entertain friends and family at summer BBQs.
I diced up some yellow and white fleshed peaches to add a special, fruity twist to the salad. I love the added sweetness and fresh flavours of these fruits in my summer salads. Buying in-season, local produce means you’ll be getting the best prices too.
Seasonal corn is so cheap and tasty! For other great ideas on how to use corn, check out my recipes for Cottage Cheese Corn and Spinach Fritters, Chicken and Corn Pies and my super easy BBQ Chicken, Corn and Potato Salad.
Common questions about Chargrilled Chicken Salad:
Can I cook the chicken without a BBQ? Absolutely. The chicken can also be cooked on the stove top in a griddle pan.
Can I make my own pesto? Yes! I have a great recipe for Homemade Basil and Cashew Pesto on my website.
Pin this post to your Dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
If you want to make this recipe gluten free: Always check the label on processed foods, including sauce bottles.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (approx 500g)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 corn cobs
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 peaches, peeled & diced
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Coat the chicken thighs in olive oil and sprinkle over the cumin and paprika then season with salt and pepper. Set aside in the fridge to marinate until ready to barbecue.
- Cook the corn cobs either in your microwave on high for six minutes or in a pot of boiling water until tender.
- Cook the chicken on the barbecue on a high heat for around five minutes on each side or until cooked cooked through. At the same time brown the corn on the barbecue to give it some lovely smokey taste and colour.
- Add the iceberg lettuce, avocado, cherry tomatoes and peaches to a large bowl. Slice the corn off the cob and add it to the bowl of salad. Mix it all together.
- Divide the salad between 4 bowls and sprinkle over the toasted pinenuts. Slice the cooked chicken thighs and add one on top of each bowl.
- Mix together the olive oil and pesto to make the dressing then drizzle over each bowl of salad. Serve immediately.
Always check the label on processed foods, including sauce bottles, to ensure they are completely gluten free.
- This salad is also great for meal prep to take to work for lunches.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 694Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 10gSugar: 11gProtein: 34g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.