A soft and chewy crumble slice made from apple and raspberry that can be baked at any time of the year.
This divine Apple and Raspberry Crumble Slice is a winner all year round. It is delicious served warm straight out of the oven, and also makes a great addition to school lunch boxes when cooled and sliced.
Made from frozen raspberries and your choice of apples, the ingredients are available whenever you feel the urge to whip this slice up. This is an adaptation of my super popular Blackberry Crumble Slice.
How to make Apple and raspberry crumble slice:
Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake. Spray and line a slice tin with baking paper. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon to a bowl and whisk together. Pour in the melted butter, vanilla and egg, then mix until combined.
Set aside 1 cup of the mixture for the topping, then pour the rest into the tin and press down. Spread diced apples and then raspberries evenly over the base.
Place the reserved topping mix back into the bowl then add the rolled oats and melted butter. Mix until combined then crumble the oaty topping over the fruit. Press down softly with you hands.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden and the base is cooked through. Allow the slice to cool in the tin before lifting it out and slicing it.
Common questions about Apple and raspberry crumble slice:
Do I need to defrost the raspberries? No, you can add them in frozen! The frozen raspberries sit on top of the apple therefore they don't make the base soggy.
How long does this slice keep for? This slice will keep well for 4 days if kept in an airtight container.
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 2 cups plain flour (300g)
- 1 cup sugar (220g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups frozen raspberries (150g)
- 2 apples, peeled & diced (200g)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 30g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 170°C fan bake. Spray and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon to a bowl and whisk together.
- Pour in melted butter and vanilla. Crack in the egg. Mix together until you can no longer see white bits of flour.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture for the topping. Place the rest into the tin and press into the base.
- Peel and dice apples into 1cm pieces. Spread apple and then raspberries evenly over the base.
- Add the 1 cup of topping mix back to the bowl. Pour in rolled oats and the extra 30g of butter. Mix together with a spoon or press together with your hands.
- Crumble the oaty topping over the apple and raspberries, press down softly with your hands.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden and the base is cooked through.
- Allow the slice to cool in the tin before lifting out using the baking paper. Cut into slices and serve at room temperature.
- My slice tin is 29cm x 19cm.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.