A delicious raspberry and lemon loaf with tangy lemon glaze. Perfect for sharing with friends.
The lovely flavour combination in my Raspberry and Lemon Loaf is perfect for morning or afternoon tea. I keep myself pretty busy during the week so when I bake, I often double recipe and put one half in the freezer. This loaf recipe is perfect for that. You can even put different berries in each loaf.
Using only a small selection of pantry staples, this loaf really packs a punch on flavour. I love simple melt and mix cakes and loaves as they are so quick to make. This recipe is super versatile and the raspberries can easily be swapped for blueberries or any other berries. I often make this loaf and a Lemon and Blueberry Loaf at the same time.
How to make raspberry and lemon loaf:
To begin, preheat the oven to 170°C fanbake. Then in a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugar. Add the lemon juice and zest, then the eggs mixing well after each addition. Sift in the dry ingredients then fold them into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour a third of the loaf mixture in then scatter over half of the raspberries. Repeat with the next third of mixture and raspberries, then cover with the remaining loaf mixture and smooth the top.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through. Mix together the lemon glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cooled loaf. Once the glaze has set slice and serve.
Questions about raspberry and lemon loaf:
What other berries could I use in this loaf? Blueberries also work really well in this loaf. Use the same method as the raspberries and scatter them in between layers of cake batter.
Can I use fresh berries? Absolutely. Frozen or fresh berries both work fine in this recipe.
Raspberries are such a great source of Vitamin C! For other great ideas on using raspberries, either fresh or frozen, check out my recipe for Chocolate and Raspberry Skillet Brownie. Raspberries would also work really well as a substitute in my Blackberry Crumble Slice recipe.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar (220g)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice (125ml)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups plain flour (300g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup raspberries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1-2 tsp boiling water
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C fanbake.
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter and sugar. Pour in the lemon juice and zest then stir. Add the eggs and mix again.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and soda. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour in a third of the loaf mixture, scatter over half of the raspberries. Repeat with the next third of mixture and the rest of the raspberries. Then cover with the remaining loaf mixture and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked through and skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Mix together the icing sugar, lemon zest and juice and use 1-2 tsp of boiling water to get the right consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the loaf once it has cooled. Once the glaze has set slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To freeze: Once cooled to room temperature wrap the loaf in cling film and place in freezer. It will last for up to 3 months just make sure it is wrapped tightly to prevent freezer burn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.