Super easy melt and mix oaty muffins with 3 different flavour combinations: blueberry, chocolate chunk or apple and cinnamon.
Often in these winter months we spend lots of time with the kids indoors. A great way to entertain your little ones, especially during the school holidays, is to get them into the kitchen. I have teamed up with Countdown to create this super easy recipe for oaty muffins. There is 3 different flavours that you can create at home so you or the kids can choose your favourite.
I picked up all of my baking basics from my local Countdown supermarket, they have a huge range of great quality products at affordable prices all winter. Make sure you look out for the yellow sticker specials in store and online.
How to make oaty muffins:
First of all mix together the melted butter with sugar, milk, eggs and oats. Sift in the self-raising flour and stir everything together. Now it is time to choose which flavour muffins you want to make? Blueberry, apple and cinnamon or chocolate chunk. Add your choice to the bowl and fold it together until just incorporated, you don’t want to over mix your muffins or they will get tough.
If you choose the chocolate chunk option I like to add a few extra pieces to the top of each muffin. Below is a photo of Archie adding the extra chocolate, I am sure a few missed the muffins and went into his mouth.
The last step before baking is to sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon over the top of each muffin, this gives it a lovely crunchy topping.
Bake your muffins until they are golden and cooked through. If you want you could make a double batch to freeze some from later. Perfect for school lunches, simply freeze muffins once they have completely cooled down in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
My kids love baking with me in the kitchen and this recipe is made in one bowl so not much clean up! Thanks so much to Countdown for partnering with me to bring you this easy and delicious recipe. If you make it be sure to send me a photo on Facebook or Instagram and let me know how your muffins turned out.
More easy baking recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
Oaty muffins - 3 ways
Yield 12 muffins
Super easy melt and mix oaty muffins with 3 different flavour combinations, blueberry, chocolate chunk or apple and cinnamon.
- 120g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (120g) roughly chopped chocolate or choc chips
- 1 can (385g) apple slices, drained and chopped + 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 190° fan bake. (370°F)
- Heat the butter in a large microwave safe bowl until just melted.
- Pour in the sugar and whisk until well combined, add eggs and whisk again.
- Add milk and oats then stir everything together.
- Sift in flour and add the flavour ingredients of your choice. Fold until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin tins.
- Stir together the caster sugar and cinnamon topping mix then sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
- Serve warm with butter.