These sandwich sushi rolls are such a fun idea for kids, perfect for school lunches.
Is there anything more comforting than lunch made with fresh, white bread? From sausages to ham off the bone to peanut butter, every sandwich tastes better when the bread is super soft. I've partnered with Tip Top to create these fun little Bread Sushi Rolls from their Supersoft High Fibre White Bread, which has 3x the fibre compared to standard Tip Top Supersoft White Toast bread.
At times it can be challenging to come up with new ideas for school lunches. These Sandwich Sushi Rolls strike the right balance between nutritious and fun! I've included three different variations but feel free to get creative with your own fillings.
How to make Bread sushi rolls:
To begin, cut the crust off the bread and roll each piece lightly with a rolling pin. Spread margarine or butter to the edges.
Ham and cheese: Place one slice of ham on each piece of bread, add the grated cheese and half a lettuce leaf, then roll up tightly. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
Chicken avocado: Place chicken, avocado and capsicum on each piece and roll up tightly. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
Tuna mayo: Mix together tuna and mayo, then spread onto a piece of bread. Add slices of cucumber and then roll up leaving a 2cm area so that the bread sticks together.
Do you love Supersoft High Fibre White Bread as much as me? Be sure to check out my delicious recipe for French Toast with Blueberry Sauce.
Common questions about Bread sushi rolls:
Will these stay rolled up in a lunchbox? Yes. If you pack a few of them in together, they will remain rolled up and fresh until lunch time.
Could I make these vegetarian? Absolutely. You could use any combination of hummus, avocado, capsicum, swiss cheese, cream cheese, lettuce and even olives and gherkins if your family likes them!
AD - Thanks so much to Tip Top for partnering with me to create this recipe.
Pin this post to your Lunch box board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Sandwich sushi rolls
Delicious sandwich sushi rolls made from white bread and packed full of vegetables and protein.
- 4 slices Tip Top Supersoft High Fibre White Toast
- 95g canned tuna
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ cucumber, finely sliced
Ham and Cheese
- 4 ham slices
- 30g grated cheese
- 2 lettuce leaves, or
- 75g cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1 small avocado, finely sliced
- ½ capsicum, finely sliced
- Cut the crust off the bread and roll each piece lightly with the rolling pin. Spread margarine or butter to the edges.
- Tuna mayo: Mix together tuna and mayo, then spread onto a piece of bread. Add slices of cucumber and then roll up leaving a 2cm area so that the bread sticks together.
- Ham cheese: Place one slice of ham on each piece of bread, add grated cheese and half a lettuce leaf then roll up tightly. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Chicken avo: Place chicken, avocado and capsicum on each piece and roll up tightly. Cut each sandwich into 3 rounds.
- Add all of the pieces to an airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until ready to serve or pack into lunch boxes.
- The sushi is perfect for lunch boxes or an afternoon tea treat.
- The different flavour combinations are endless. Other options could be Marmite and cheese, creamed corn, spaghetti, hummus and salami.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT MY RECIPE.
FOLLOW ALONG AT MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @VJ_COOKS AND HASHTAG IT #VJCOOKS
More lunchbox fillers
Apple Oaty Muffins
Easy melt-and-mix muffins made with oats and canned apples.
Thanks for the awesome recipes.
Have used several, whilst teaching granddaughter how to do baking during the school holidays.
That's awesome. Thank you for the lovely feedback.