These super cute sandwiches are made with a chicken mayonnaise filling and slices of fresh cucumber.
How cute are these Chicken Salad Sandwiches I've made in partnership with Tip Top Bakery? Chicken salad sandwiches are a real favourite in our house. The idea of making them with Tip Top's Super Vege bread, which have 20% vegetables in every slice, is an absolute winner in this mum's books.
Tip Top Bread has been loved by kiwis for generations and this bread will be no exception. Made with no artificial colours or flavours, Tip Top's Super Vege bread is super nutritious and yet somehow manages to taste exactly like the white bread our kids are used to. Such an easy and fun swap to make.
I've chosen to make simple chicken sandwiches using the spinach bread, which I cut into fun dinosaur shapes for the boy's lunches. They loved them!
How to make Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
Place the chicken, mayonnaise, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Using cookie cutters, cut out the shapes you want to use, making sure you have two of each shape. Butter both pieces of bread then place the sliced cucumber on the bottom of the sandwich.
Top with a layer of the chicken filling, then place the other piece of bread on top.
Common questions for Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
What other flavours could I add to this sandwich? Great additions could include chopped celery, walnuts, spring onions, fresh herbs or even some basil pesto.
How could I serve these for adults? This filling is great in club sandwiches using white bread cut into long fingers. Or, pop it in a filled roll with some peppery rocket leaves.
This bread is super cute! Does it come in any other colours? It sure does! Tip Top Super Vege bread is available in spinach, carrot or beetroot.
AD – THANKS SO MUCH TO TIP TOP FOR PARTNERING WITH ME TO CREATE THIS RECIPE.
Pin this post to your kids board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 200g cooked chicken breast, diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 slices of bread
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken, mayonnaise, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out the shapes you want to use, making sure you have two of each shape.
- Butter both pieces of bread then place the sliced cucumber on the bottom of the sandwich.
- Top with a layer of the chicken filling, then place the other piece of bread on top.
- To jazz this up for adults, you could add in chopped celery, walnuts, spring onion, chives, mint or coriander.
- This filling would be great in a filled roll with rocket leaves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 686mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.