Oat and milk chocolate drop muffins! These are great for school lunches and can be frozen for up to three months.
Muffins are a great treat the whole family can enjoy and this recipe for Chocolate Oaty Muffins is so good. I add a cup of milk chocolate drops to the mixture when combining everything. Then I add a few more to the top just before baking!
Made from basic pantry staples with the addition of chocolate drops, these muffins are a great source of fibre! I like to use milk drops but you could mix it up with your favourite type of chocolate.
How to make Chocolate Oaty Muffins:
Preheat the oven to 190°C fan bake and grease a 12 pan muffin tray. Then, mix together the melted butter with sugar, milk, eggs and oats. Sift in the self-raising flour and stir everything together.
Add the chocolate drops to the bowl and fold it together until just incorporated. You don't want to over mix your muffins or they will get tough. Divide the mixture evenly between 12 muffins pans. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top of each muffin.
Bake your muffins until they are golden and cooked through. If you want you could make a double batch to freeze some for later.
Common questions about easy Chocolate Oaty Muffins:
Can I use other types of chocolate? Absolutely! You could use milk, white, dark or even caramel chocolate in these muffins. They are so versatile!
Do these muffins freeze well? Yes! Once the muffins have cooled completely, place they in an airtight bag in the freezer. If you put a frozen muffin in a school lunch box in the morning, it will have defrosted by midday (and will help to keep the rest of the lunch cool!).
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
AD – THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY GIFTED INGREDIENTS FROM COUNTDOWN SUPERMARKETS, MY BRAND AMBASSADOR PARTNER
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 120g butter, melted
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup (120g) chocolate chips/drops or chopped chocolate
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190°C fan bake.
- Heat the butter in a large microwave safe bowl until just melted.
- Pour in the sugar and whisk until well combined, add eggs and whisk again.
- Add milk and oats then stir everything together.
- Sift in flour then add in the chocolate. Fold until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin tins.
- Stir together the caster sugar and cinnamon topping mix then sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
- Serve warm with butter.
- Store muffins in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.