It is time to fill up those baking tins! This easy recipe for chocolate weetbix slice will be a family favourite.
This chocolate Weetbix slice is a perfect treat. It’s ideal with a nice hot cup of coffee in the afternoon and also a hit with the little ones. This recipe incorporates the humble Weetbix, a breakfast favourite for many Kiwis and Aussies. All of the ingredients needed are pantry staples. It’s fairly quick to whip up, so it’s the perfect go-to treat!
This recipe is my most popular by far, with over 2.4 million video views on Facebook, so it’s sure to be a winner in your household. If you want to follow along with the video, you can find it at the top of this post.
The Weetbix and coconut give the chocolate slice the perfect texture. It’s soft but with a little bit of crunch, this depends on how long you cook it for. If you want a bit more flavour and texture you could add in some chopped nuts.
Pair this with the smooth, rich, velvety chocolate icing and you’ve got yourself a tasty slice for a sweet snack or an after dinner treat!
Other recipe variations of Weetbix slice
If you want more recipes for Weetbix slice I have created two versions without cocoa in the base: Lemon Weetbix slice and Passionfruit Weetbix slice. They are both proving to be very popular with my readers giving me great feedback.
I hope your family loves this slice as much as mine does!
MORE EASY SLICE RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY:
Chocolate Weetbix Slice
Yield 28-30 slices
A delicious, kiwi twist on the classic chocolate slice.
- 185g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 3 Weetbix, crushed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 50g butter (softened)
- 2-3 Tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to fanbake 180C.
- In a large saucepan over low heat melt together butter, sugar and cocoa.
- Take off the heat then add Weetbix, flour, coconut and baking powder. Mix together.
- Pour into a lined tray and press down firmly. Bake for 20 mins.
- Icing: Mix together icing sugar, cocoa and butter. Add boiling water as needed to loosen mixture and whisk out any lumps.
- Ice the slice while it is still warm then chop up once cooled and icing has set.
Cuisine New Zealand
Check out the step-by-step video for Chocolate Weetbix Slice below: