These Tuscan Chicken Thighs are a total winner. Ready in less than 30 minutes and packed full of delicious flavours, be prepared to be impressed.
Once you’ve made this meal the first time, I guarantee you’ll be adding it to your favourites. My recipe for Tuscan Chicken Thighs is a one-pot wonder that ticks all the boxes in terms of flavour and ease. This recipe would also be delicious served on top of pasta, mashed potato or steamed rice.
Made using my Ironclad Co Legacy Pan, this dish not only tastes amazing, but presents really well on the table too. Chicken thighs are great in a meal like this, their rich flavour goes so well with the creamy sauce. I will definitely be adding this recipe to my favourite chicken dinners.
I made a quick focaccia in the 20cm Lil’ Legacy pan to soak up that creamy sauce. I used my Pizza Dough recipe and stretched it out thinly across the pan. Then I coated it in olive oil, sea salt and rosemary before baking it in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
How to make Tuscan Chicken:
To begin, add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet pan and brown the chicken on a medium heat for a few minutes each side. Make a gap in the centre of the pan and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and Italian herbs. Pour in chicken stock and deglaze the pan.
Add spinach, stir everything together then simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Once chicken is cooked through, pour in cream and sprinkle over parmesan then simmer for a few more minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
Coat each piece in the creamy sauce and serve immediately. I like to serve my Tuscan Chicken with a fresh side salad and homemade focaccia.
Common questions about Tuscan Chicken:
Can I use chicken breasts instead of thighs? Absolutely. I prefer thighs in this type of meal as they have a richer flavour. However, chicken breasts would be great too.
How long does the chicken take to cook? Depending on whether you use bone-in or boneless, the cooking time will vary. I usually cut into the thickest part of the thigh to check before serving.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 600g chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated (70g)
- In a large cast iron skillet add olive oil and brown the chicken on medium heat for a few minutes on each side.
- Make a gap in the centre of the pan and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and Italian herbs. Pour in chicken stock and deglaze the pan.
- Add spinach and stir everything together, simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Pour in cream and sprinkle over parmesan, simmer stirring for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the creamy sauce and serve immediately.
- I like to serve my tuscan chicken with fresh focaccia bread and a green side salad.
- Cooking times will differ depending on whether you use boneless or bone in chicken thighs in this recipe, either works fine just make sure they are cooked through before serving. I like to cut through the thickest piece to check.
- Chicken breast would work well in this recipe too.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 242mgSodium: 681mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 43g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.