This easy recipe for pinwheel scones can be made in minutes, the perfect treat to impress your friends and family.
I have partnered up with Anathoth Farm to create a recipe with their new Berries and Chia Seed preserve. It was used in these lovely and soft pinwheel scones. I am so happy with the way these turned out as they are super easy to make and so delicious. Anathoth Farm has a new range of fruit and seed preserves that celebrate the goodness of local fruit and the wholesome texture of seeds.
The scones are made with minimal ingredients and the berry and chia seed preserve is really the star of the show. The hint of cinnamon also goes so well with the flavours. This recipe is made by melting the butter and then adding the milk which makes it a super quick and simple scone dough.
How to make pinwheel scones:
First of all make your dough by slowly adding the butter and milk mixture to the sifted dry ingredients. Mix it all together with a flat butter knife or a fork, once all of the liquid is absorbed and the dough is damp shape it into a ball with your hands.
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a floured surface until it is around 2 cm thick. Spread the dough generously with jam right to the edges. Then tightly roll up the dough to form one long log.
Cut your dough into 10 even slices then lay them on a tray lined with baking paper, this makes for an easy clean up afterwards. Bake in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes until the scones are turning golden and they are cooked through.
These scones turned out light and fluffy, they are so delicious served warm with whipped cream and an extra dollop of jam on top. My family loved them and the whole batch was gone in minutes.
Thank you so much to Anathoth Farm for teaming up with me to create this recipe! I really do love your new preserves.
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
More easy baking recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
Jam pinwheel scones
Yield 10 scones
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Anathoth Berries & Chia Seed Preserve
- Pre-heat oven to 200° fanbake.
- Heat the butter in a microwave safe jug until just melted, add the milk and set aside.
- Add the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder to a large bowl. Whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- Create a well in the centre and gradually stir in the butter and milk mixture with a fork or flat butter knife. Fold together until all of the dry ingredients are damp, add extra milk if needed.
- Dust the bench with flour then shape dough into a large ball. Knead lightly to combine.
- Shape into a rectangle then use a rolling pin dusted in flour to roll dough about 1-2 cm thick.
- Spread jam evenly over the dough then roll up tightly. Cut dough into 10 even slices then place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops are lightly browned and the dough is cooked through.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and extra jam.