This is the best Gingerbread Loaf recipe you’ll ever make - Perfectly moist and a great treat for morning tea.
You can't beat this delicious Gingerbread Loaf. It is perfectly moist and tastes even better with a bit of butter.
The recipe is so easy. You just melt together butter and golden syrup then mix it in with the dry ingredients, pour it into a lined loaf tin then bake.
My son Archie loves making it with me, your friends and family will love it too.
The recipe doubles easily so you can make one for you and one for a friend in the same batch. Or wrap it up in baking paper and freeze for later in an airtight container or large snap lock bag.
How to make Gingerbread loaf:
Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Melt together the butter and golden syrup, stir to combine.
In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the centre then add the butter and golden syrup mix, milk and egg.
Gently mix until combined then pour into the lined loaf tin.
Sprinkle over the brown sugar then bake for 1 hour or until a skewer in the middle comes out clean.
Common questions and tips for Gingerbread Loaf:
What size loaf tin should I use? My loaf tin is 23cm long 13cm wide and 6.5cm deep.
How long does gingerbread keep for in the freezer? Up to three months if kept in a large snaplock bag or tightly wrapped in cling film to prevent freezer burn.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the loaf just before baking. This makes the top nice and crunchy.
- It's so good eating Gingerbread toasted the next day for breakfast with a slather of butter. Or, you could heat up a thick slice and serve it as a dessert with a drizzle of caramel sauce and scoop of ice cream.
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 100ml (3.5oz) golden syrup
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar - extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Melt together butter and golden syrup in the microwave and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl sift or whisk together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and brown sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the butter and golden syrup, crack in the egg and add the milk.
- Stir everything together until well combined and pour into the loaf tin.
- Crumble over 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you want to make one for a friend or freeze one for later.
- My loaf tin is 23 cm x 13 cm x 6.5 cm
- Gingerbread loaf tastes great when toasted and served with butter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 slices Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.