A soft ginger loaf filled with sweet pears. This loaf freezes well and is the perfect treat to share with friends over a cuppa.
Gingerbread loaf is one of the most popular recipes on my website. With good reason! So I thought it was time to take it to the next level with my Pear and Ginger Loaf. It is so yummy!
The best thing about this recipe is you probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard already. Including a can of pears you weren't sure what to do with!
I love a piece of buttered loaf for morning tea and this one is a winner.
How to make Pear and Ginger Loaf:
Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake. Line a 24 x 13 cm loaf tin with baking paper. Mix together melted butter and golden syrup in a bowl, add the brown sugar and eggs then whisk until smooth. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl then fold together until just combined.
Dice the drained pears into 1 cm chunks, reserving 2 pieces for the top. Stir the diced pear through the mixture, then pour into the lined tin. Slice the reserved pears into thin pieces and arrange on top of the loaf.
Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until cooked through and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Common questions about Pear and Ginger Loaf:
How long will this loaf keep for? This loaf keeps well for up to three days if stored in an airtight container.
Does this loaf freeze well? It does freeze well! Once cooled to room temperature wrap the loaf in cling film and place in the freezer. It will last for up to 3 months just make sure it is wrapped tightly to prevent freezer burn.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 120g butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar, (120g)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 ½ cups plain flour, (225g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 can pears, drained (410g)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake.
- Line a 24 x 13 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter and golden syrup. Add brown sugar and eggs then whisk until there are no lumps.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, soda and ginger. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Dice pears into 1cm chunks, reserve 2 pieces for the top. Stir through the mixture.
- Add the mixture to the lined tin and spread out to the edges. Slice the reserved pieces of pear thinly and arrange on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked through and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes then remove and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To freeze: Once cooled to room temperature wrap the loaf in cling film and place in the freezer. It will last for up to 3 months just make sure it is wrapped tightly to prevent freezer burn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.