Soft and fluffy, this delicious lemon and blueberry loaf with tangy lemon glaze is perfect for morning tea.
I have partnered with GLAD to make this delicious recipe for Lemon and Blueberry Loaf. This fluffy loaf is complimented so well by the tangy lemon glaze and tart blueberries - such a lovely treat to make for visitors. I’ve been finding myself a little short on time recently, so when I do get the time to bake, I’ve been trying to double my recipes. This means that one half is eaten straight away, and the other half can be put in the freezer for later. This loaf is the ideal recipe to double, which will save you time later down the track for important things - like spending time with family!
Using only a small selection of pantry staples, this loaf really packs a punch on flavour. I love simple melt and mix cakes and loaves as they are so quick to make. This recipe is super versatile and the blueberries can easily be swapped for raspberries or any other berries.
When I made this I doubled the recipe and added frozen blueberries to one half and raspberries to the other. Once cooled I wrapped the raspberry loaf in GLAD WRAP and placed it in the freezer for later. It will last for up to 3 months just make sure it is wrapped tightly to prevent freezer burn.
How to make lemon and blueberry loaf:
To begin, preheat the oven to 170°C fanbake. Then in a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugar. Add the lemon juice and zest, then the eggs mixing well after each addition. Sift in the dry ingredients then fold them into the wet ingredients until just combined.
Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Pour a third of the loaf mixture in then scatter over half of the blueberries. Repeat with the next third of mixture and blueberries, then cover with the remaining loaf mixture and smooth the top.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through. Mix together the lemon glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cooled loaf. Once the glaze has set slice and serve.
Questions about lemon and blueberry loaf:
What other berries could I use in this loaf? Raspberries also work really well in this loaf. Use the same method as the blueberries and scatter them in between layers of cake batter.
Can I use fresh berries? Absolutely. Frozen or fresh berries both work fine in this recipe.
Blueberries are such a great source of Vitamin C! For other great ideas on using blueberries, either fresh or frozen, check out my recipe for Oaty Muffins Three Ways. Blueberries would also work really well as a substitute in my Blackberry Crumble Slice recipe.
Thanks so much to GLAD for partnering with me to create this lovely recipe.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1-2 tsp boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake.
- Line a 24 x 13 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter and sugar. Pour in the lemon juice and zest then stir. Add the eggs and mix again.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and soda. Fold the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Pour a third of the loaf mixture into the lined tin, then scatter over half of the blueberries. Repeat with the next third of mixture and the rest of the blueberries. Then cover with the remaining loaf mixture and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked through and skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Mix together the icing sugar, lemon zest and juice and use 1-2 tsp of boiling water to get the right consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the loaf once it has cooled. Once the glaze has set slice and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To freeze: Once cooled to room temperature wrap the loaf in GLAD WRAP and place in freezer. It will last for up to 3 months just make sure it is wrapped tightly to prevent freezer burn.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.