Quick and easy French Toast served with blueberry sauce. A simple yet delicious brunch the whole family will enjoy.
We love bread in our house. So it was an easy task when Tip Top approached me to create a recipe using their new Tip Top Supersoft High Fibre White Bread. I made some quick and easy French Toast with Blueberry Sauce, served with greek yoghurt. Our boys devoured it!
As parents, we’re always trying to achieve the balance between food our kids will eat, and food that’s good for them. So the Tip Top Supersoft High Fibre Bread ticks both boxes for me. With 3 times the amount of fibre (compared to standard Tip Top Supersoft White Toast bread) this bread not only has a 4 star health rating, but it is also super soft and delicious. Our boys love this bread in their lunchboxes and it keeps them going for the afternoon.
Served with antioxidant rich blueberries and greek yoghurt, this is a healthy breakfast that feels like a treat. Made in 20 minutes, you can’t go wrong with this tasty, nutritious and simple meal.
How to make french toast with blueberry sauce:
Begin by making the blueberry sauce. Mix together the blueberries and honey in a glass bowl then microwave for 2 minutes stirring halfway through. Mix again and crush some of the blueberries, then set aside until ready to serve.
Whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Cut the bread in half diagonally, then coat each side in the egg mixture.
Heat a large non-stick fry pan to a medium heat then add some butter or cooking spray. Cook bread until golden on each side.
Serve immediately with a dusting of icing sugar, warm blueberry sauce and greek yoghurt.
Common questions about French Toast with Blueberry Sauce:
How do I make the sauce without a microwave? You can also make the sauce in a saucepan on the stove top. Heat the blueberries and honey until the honey has dissolved.
Can I make the sauce in advance? Yes! To speed things up, make the blueberry sauce the night before and reheat when the french toast is cooked.
Thanks so much to Tip Top for partnering with me to create this recipe.
Pin this post to your brunch board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1.5 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 slices bread
- Icing sugar
- Greek yoghurt
- Mix together the blueberries and honey in a glass bowl then microwave for 2 minutes stirring halfway through. Mix again and crush some of the blueberries. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Cut bread in half and coat each side in the egg mixture.
- Heat a large non stick-frying pan to a medium heat then add some butter or spray oil. Cook bread on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a dusting of icing sugar, warm blueberry sauce and greek yogurt.
- Double the french toast recipe if you want bigger portions.
- The blueberry sauce can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 3gSugar: 43gProtein: 9g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.