Super easy melt and mix oaty muffins made with juicy blueberries! These are great for school lunches and can be frozen.
Muffins are a great treat the whole family can enjoy and this recipe for Blueberry Oaty Muffins has been super popular with my followers. I like to keep these in the freezer and pop into lunch boxes in the morning. The muffins will defrost before morning tea and keep the rest of the lunch nice and cool!
Made from basic pantry staples with the addition of oats, these muffins are a great source of fibre! Either fresh or frozen blueberries can be used in this recipe. I often make these in winter and use frozen berries.
How to make Blueberry Oaty Muffins:
Preheat the oven to 190°C fan bake and grease a 12 pan muffin tray. Then mix together the melted butter with sugar, milk, eggs and oats. Sift in the self-raising flour and stir everything together.
Add the blueberries to the bowl and fold it together until just incorporated. You don't want to over mix your muffins or they will get tough.
Divide the mixture evenly between 12 muffins pans. The last step before baking is to sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon over the top of each muffin, this gives it a lovely crunchy topping.
Bake your muffins until they are golden and cooked through.
Common questions about easy Oaty Muffins:
What other fruit could I use in these? You could swap out the blueberries for frozen raspberries or mixed berries. Any of your favourite canned fruit would work in the apple version - peaches, plums or apricots would be yummy.
Do these muffins freeze well? Yes! Once the muffins have cooled completely, place them in an airtight bag in the freezer. If you put a frozen muffin in a school lunch box in the morning, it will have defrosted by midday (and will help to keep the rest of the lunch cool!).
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 120g butter, melted
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190°C fan bake.
- Heat the butter in a large microwave safe bowl until just melted.
- Pour in the sugar and whisk until well combined, add eggs and whisk again.
- Add milk and oats then stir everything together.
- Sift in flour, then add the blueberries. Fold until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon into well-greased muffin tins.
- Stir together the caster sugar and cinnamon topping mix then sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack.
- Serve warm with butter.
- These muffins freeze well if kept in an airtight bag for up to three months in the freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 336mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.