This delicious Vogel’s Style bread is made with wholemeal flour and seeds. Perfect in the toaster and it freezes well.
Is there anything more satisfying than baking your own bread? I love having a few different options up my sleeve and this Vogel’s Style no-knead bread is packed with goodness. While this loaf is super soft on the day you make it, just like regular Vogel’s or Burgen it’s better toasted the next day.
This loaf freezes really well, just remember to slice it before you put it in the freezer. That way you can grab a couple of pieces when you need them. You could freeze it in a bread bag, ziplock bag or cling film.
HOW TO MAKE a homemade no-knead Vogel’s style loaf:
To begin, add both the flours along with the seeds, rolled oats, dried yeast and salt to a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Pour in the warm water then mix it all until combined, making sure to scrape down any extra dough off the sides.
Cover with a beeswax wrap, tea towel or cling film and leave on the bench overnight or between 6-24 hours. When you are ready to bake the bread, switch the oven on to 200°C fanbake. I often make my dough before heading to bed then switch the oven on as soon as I wake up.
Roughly shape the dough into an oval shape then place in an oiled loaf tin. Leave it on the bench to rise slightly while the oven heats to temperature, roughly 20 minutes. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden then serve the warm bread with butter.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT this loaf:
Can I use different seeds? Sure thing. You could add some sesame seeds or poppy seeds or linseeds to the mix or even sprinkle some on top if you like.
What size is your loaf tin? Mine is a Jamie Oliver non-stick one from Farmers and measures 19cm x 11.5cm x 5cm.
Pin this post to your bread board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 2 cups of plain white flour
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp active dried yeast
- 2.5 cups of warm water
- Add flours, rolled oats, seeds, salt and dried yeast to a large bowl and whisk it together.
- Pour in the warm water then mix it all together to combine. Scrape any extra dough off the sides.
- Cover with a beeswax wrap, tea towel or cling film. Leave on the bench overnight or in a warm place for 6-24 hours.
- When you are ready to bake your bread heat the oven to 200°C fanbake.
- Roughly shape the dough into a oval shape and add to an oiled loaf tin. Leave it on the bench to rise slightly while the oven heats up to temperature (around 20 minutes).
- Bake for 40 minutes until the loaf is golden on top and cooked through.
- Now serve your delicious loaf warm with butter or toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 slices Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.