These delicious double chocolate cookies are the perfect combination of crispy and chewy. Almost like a brownie.
My go-to recipe for cookies is my Chocolate Chunk Cookies because they turn out perfectly every time. So, I decided to tweak them with a bit of cocoa to make these epic Double Chocolate Cookies. They are so good!
The addition of the cocoa powder makes the cookies slightly firmer and fudgier than the original version. These are like a cross between a cookie and a brownie. Need I say more?
How to make Double Chocolate Cookies:
Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake. Melt the butter in the microwave then add in the sugars, egg and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Sift dry ingredients in then fold everything together until combined.
Pour in ¾ cup of chocolate drops and mix well. Roll the dough into balls and place on a lined baking tray.
Push down to 1cm thickness then bake for 8-10 minutes until crispy on the outside and soft in the centre.
Add remaining chocolate drops while the cookies are still hot. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with a glass of milk or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Common questions about Double chocolate cookies:
Can I freeze these cookies? Absolutely. Place the uncooked cookie dough balls in a ziplock bag and keep in the freezer for up to three months. When you want to cook them, allow them to defrost then place on a baking tray and cook as normal.
Can I use other types of chocolate? For sure. Milk, dark or white chocolate in either drops, chips or chopped chocolate would all be delicious in these cookies
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
AD – THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY GIFTED INGREDIENTS FROM COUNTDOWN SUPERMARKETS, MY BRAND AMBASSADOR PARTNER.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 150g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (100g)
- ½ cup white sugar (110g)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder (50g)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup milk chocolate drops (180g)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan bake.
- In a large glass bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 30 to 50 seconds.
- Whisk the melted butter, adding in the brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla. Whisk everything together until smooth with no lumps.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and cornflour over the bowl then fold everything together until combined.
- Pour in 3/4 cup of chocolate drops and mix well. Save the rest for after they are cooked.
- Roll the dough into balls about 2 tablespoons (40-50g) each and place on a lined baking tray. Push down to about 1 cm thickness
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until turning crispy on the outside but still very soft in the centre. Add extra chocolate drops on top while they are still hot.
- Remove from the tray after a few minutes to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm with a glass of milk. Yum!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freeze any extra balls of cookie dough in a snap lock bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.