A delicious and easy pie filled with soft apples and blackberries. Great for dessert with cream or ice cream.
With all of the wild blackberries near our house I thought it was time for a pie. This recipe for Apple and Blackberry Pie is so easy to make and goes down so well with the whole family. Served with a dusting of icing sugar and some vanilla ice cream, you will be fighting everyone for the last piece.
This recipe is so quick to make. I’ve used sweet shortcrust pastry which is soft and easy to shape once defrosted. Because I’ve used canned apples and fresh blackberries, the assembly is so easy and fast. Pop the pie in the oven 30 minutes before you want to eat it and serve it warm with ice cream.
HOW TO MAKE apple and blackberry pie:
Preheat the oven to 200°C fanbake. Once your shortcrust pastry has defrosted, press it into a greased pie dish at a thickness of about 1cm. Reserve some of the pastry to decorate the top of the pie later. Next, mix the canned apples, blackberries, flour, sugar and cinnamon together before pouring into the pie dish. Spread the mixture out evenly to the edges.
Top the pie with strips of pastry and dust with brown sugar. Place the pie in the hot oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the pie is cooked through. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Pin this post to your dessert board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 2 sheets sweet shortcrust pastry (400g)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 can apple slices (385g)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Line a greased pie dish with pastry and cut off the edges.
- Mix together blackberries, apple, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour into the pie crust and spread to the edges.
- Top with strips of pastry and dust with brown sugar.
- Bake at 200°C fanbake for 30mins or until pastry is golden and pie is cooked through.
- Serve warm sprinkled with icing sugar and a scoop of vanilla icing.
- If you want to use fresh apples peel then slice them thinly before adding to the pie.
- Canned blackberries can also be used just drain any excess liquid before adding to the pie.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.