Crispy and tasty chicken drumsticks cooked in a 5 spice and panko crumb coating. Serve with a salad for an easy meal.
Chicken drumsticks are always a winner in my books. They are affordable, kid friendly and very versatile! This recipe for Crispy 5 Spice Chicken Drumsticks is super tasty and easy to make.
This is a great meal to make mid week, especially if you're in the thick of after school activities! Drumsticks do require 45 minutes to cook but the actual prep work is only 5 minutes. Pop them in the oven on a timer and forget about them! I like to serve mine with a simple, pre-made coleslaw or salad from the supermarket. Too easy.
How to make Crispy 5 Spice Chicken Drumsticks:
To begin, preheat the oven to 190°C fan bake. Place all the chicken drumsticks in a large container (for which you have a lid). Sprinkle over the flour, five spice, garlic powder and salt. Place the lid on and shake to coat. Crack in the egg and shake again to coat.
Dip the coated drumsticks into a plate of panko crumbs then place on a lined baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Serve immediately with a fresh salad.
If you are looking for more recipes using chicken drumsticks check out my posts for Honey and Soy Chicken Drumsticks and One Pot Chicken with White Beans and Tomatoes.
Common questions about Crispy 5 Spice Chicken Drumsticks:
Could I use chicken thighs instead? Sure thing. As always, just ensure they are cooked all the way through before serving.
How long will these drumsticks keep for? Cooked chicken can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Pin this post to your Dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Crispy 5 Spice Chicken Drumsticks
Super tasty, crispy, chicken drumsticks coated in panko crumbs and 5 spice.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- Coleslaw to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C fan bake.
- Add the drumsticks to a large container then sprinkle over flour, five spice, garlic powder and salt. Top with a lid and give it a good shake to coat. This can be done in advance.
- Crack in the egg and shake again so that all of the drumsticks are coated in the egg.
- Sprinkle panko crumbs on to a plate and then coat each drumstick in the crumbs.
- Place drumsticks on a lined baking tray and bake for 45 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- I like to serve mine with an Asian style coleslaw which you can buy in pre-made bags from the supermarket.
- These chicken drumsticks can be eaten cold the next day. To reheat, make sure they are piping hot all the way through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 280mgSodium: 746mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 50g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Leave a Reply