This yummy Baked Chicken Parmigiana is ready in 30 minutes. A great meal the whole family will love.
This quick version of Baked Chicken Parmigiana is based on the all time Italian favourite. No need to spend hours on preparation with such a variety of good quality pasta sauces available at the supermarket.
I used dried spaghetti but you could use any dried or fresh pasta and any pasta sauce you may already have in your pantry. You could also add some basil pesto if you want an extra zing in your sauce. This dish would also work well with beef schnitzel.
How to make my easy baked chicken parmigiana:
Cut each chicken breast in half through the centre, place under a piece of baking paper and flatten with a mallet or rolling pin to make it an even thickness. Coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture, you can do this ahead of time if you like and keep the chicken in the fridge until ready to cook.
In an ovenproof dish, fry chicken on one side for 3 minutes or until golden, then flip chicken over and place a heaped tablespoon of pasta sauce in the centre of each piece. Top with mozzarella and place under the grill for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling. I like to use plenty of mozzarella cheese to make it gooey and delicious.
To serve, divide cooked spaghetti between four plates, top with the leftover warmed pasta sauce then a cooked chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper, add cooked greens of your choice then garnish with basil leaves. This dish would also be great with a salad and some crusty garlic bread.
If you are looking for more recipes using chicken breast check out my posts for Thai Chicken Noodle Salad and Slow Cooker Creamy Shredded Chicken.
Common questions about Baked Chicken Parmigiana:
Is this meal kid friendly? Below is the kids version of this dish that I made for my young sons. I didn't add as much sauce so it is perfect for fussy eaters. I hope your family and friends love this easy meal as much as mine does.
Could I use chicken thighs instead of breasts? Sure thing. If using thighs, make sure they have the bone taken out. This will make them easier to eat and, ensure the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Baked Chicken Parmigiana
Easy, baked chicken parmigiana served with spaghetti and green vegetables.
- 500g chicken breast (2 large chicken breasts)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 400g jar of pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Cooked green beans and broccoli to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan grill.
- Cut each chicken breast in half through the centre, place under a piece of baking paper and flatten with a mallet or rolling pin to make it an even thickness. (About 1.5cm)
- Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken in flour then egg and then breadcrumb mixture.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry chicken on one side for 3 minutes or until golden. Flip chicken over and place a heaped tablespoon of pasta sauce in the centre of each piece and top with mozzarella and place under the grill for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Heat the leftover pasta sauce in a saucepan or the microwave.
- To serve: Divide cooked spaghetti between four plates, top with warm pasta sauce then a cooked chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper, add green beans and broccoli then garnish with basil leaves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 680Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 1233mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 5gSugar: 9gProtein: 60g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT MY RECIPE.
FOLLOW ALONG AT MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @VJ_COOKS AND HASHTAG IT #VJCOOKS
This is the first VJ Cooks recipe I've ever made. My kids (9 & 7 yrs old) are going through a fussy stage, they've stopped eating lots of dinners, even ones they have always eaten happily. So I've been on the hunt for new dinner recipes. We had this tonight, and it was an instant hit. I chopped up the beans and put them through the sauce, with some grated carrot too. Everyone was happy and agreed we have to have this again! Thanks, we will be trying more recipes.
Oh, I love to hear it! Thank you for your feedback. I hope you find some other family winners here 🙂