This Slow cooker Thai chicken curry is such an easy recipe, if you love curries you can’t go wrong.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Curry is so easy. You just throw everything in to the slow cooker or crock pot and turn it onto high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. You could add any green veggies to cook through at the end, I used peas because I always have them in the freezer.
Any Thai curry paste would work, red, green, massaman, panang and you could add some chilli if you like your curries hot. If you like you curries thicker you could add some cornflour to thicken it up.
Common questions about Thai Chicken Curry:
Does this freeze well? Yes. This curry can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 6 months in the freezer. Defrost, then heat to piping hot in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Can I use other cuts of chicken? My preference is skinless chicken thighs (either bone in or out) as the meat has a rich flavour. But you could also use chicken breast if you have it.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2-3 Tbsp Thai curry paste*
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 kg skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup of peas, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh basil, sliced
- Add onion, carrots, garlic, coconut milk, fish sauce, curry paste and ginger to the slow cooker, then stir to combine.
- Cut chicken thighs in half and place into the sauce. Set slow cooker onto low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Stir once during cooking.
- 30 minutes before end time add lime and peas then let them cook through.
- Serve on top of rice and scatter over basil leaves.
- I used 2 Tbsp of mild massaman curry paste but any Thai curry paste would work: panang, green, red etc. Add 2-3 Tbsp depending on how hot you like it. You can also add chilli flakes at the start if you want the curry hotter.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 1136mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 45g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.