This easy pan fried fish with Thai green curry sauce is a light and fresh mid week meal.
You will love this recipe for pan fried fish with Thai green curry sauce. It’s so easy to adjust the spiciness so the whole family will love it. I like to use a firm white fish like snapper or gurnard.
This would work with any Thai curry paste if you find green too hot. Just follow the same method and use a different flavoured paste. I like to use a combination of oil and butter when I pan fry fish to give it a lovely and crisp texture.
HOW TO MAKE MY PAN FRIED FISH WITH GREEN CURRY SAUCE:
Coat the fish fillets with flour and season with salt and pepper. Fry them in a non-stick frying pan until the fish is golden and cooked through. In another pan heat olive oil with the green curry paste, then add the coconut cream and mix together. Keep the pan on the heat so the sauce can reduce until it is thick and bubbling.
Serve the fish on top of cooked rice and spoon over the thick green curry sauce. Top with carrot, sugar snaps, spring onion, mung beans and chilli. Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.
Keeping the sauce separate means you can serve the kids the same meal without the spice, they love the little slices of colourful veges.
More easy dinner recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
Pan fried fish with Thai green curry sauce
Yield 4 serves
- 400g white fish fillets, eg: snapper or gurnard
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp mild green curry paste (add more if you want it hotter)
- 1 can (400ml) coconut cream
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 100g sugar snap peas, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 100g mung beans
- 1 chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 4 lime wedges, to serve
- Use an old bread bag to shake the fish fillets with flour until they are all coated, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter with 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick frying pan, once it is sizzling add the fish fillets.
- Fry for around 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the fish is golden and cooked through.
- In another non-stick pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil with green curry paste for one minute. Add the coconut cream and whisk it all together. Keep the pan on the heat as the sauce reduces until it is thick and bubbling.
- Serve the fish on top of cooked rice, then spoon over the thick green curry sauce top with carrot, sugar snaps, spring onion, mung beans and chilli.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.