Tasty burgers made with fresh fish fillets coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs and served with homemade tartare sauce.
Is there anything better than fresh fish in summer? This recipe for Crispy Fresh Fish Burgers is sure to be a crowd pleaser with your friends and family over the holiday season.
You won't believe how easy it is to make your own tasty tartare sauce. No need to buy it pre-made from the supermarket ever again!
How to make Fish Burgers:
To begin, place the fish fillets and flour into an empty plastic bread bag and shake until coated. Crack in the egg and shake again. Place panko crumbs, sesame seeds, salt and pepper in a plate then coat each piece of fish in the crumb mixture. Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan, then add the fish and cook on both sides until golden and fish is cooked through.
To make the tartare sauce, mix together the mayonnaise, capers, gherkins, spring onion and lemon juice. Cut buns in half and grill or toast until warm. Spread tartare sauce on the base of the bun and top with lettuce, tomato slices, crispy fish, a squeeze of lemon and then the top of the bun.
Other delicious ideas for burgers include my yummy Slow Cooked Pulled Pork as well as my Honey BBQ Pulled Chicken.
Common questions about Crispy fresh fish burgers:
What type of fish should I use? Firm fish is best for making burgers. Snapper, gurnard and blue cod are all good options.
What other fillings could I use? Feel free to get creative. You could add in canned beetroot or grated carrot and substitute the iceburg lettuce for mesclun or baby spinach if you prefer.
Pin this post to your Dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Crispy Fresh Fish Burgers
Crispy burgers made with fresh fish fillets and a homemade tartare sauce.
- 4 firm white fish fillets, such as snapper or gurnard
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 2 small gherkins, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- 4 large burger buns
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Put fish fillets and flour into a plastic bread bag and shake until coated. Crack in the egg and shake again till coated.
- Add panko crumbs and sesame seeds to a plate then season with salt and pepper. Coat fish with crumb mixture on both sides.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan, then add fish and cook on both sides until golden and fish is cooked through.
- To make the tartare, mix together mayonnaise, capers, gherkins, spring onion and the juice of half the lemon.
- Cut buns in half and grill or toast until warm. Spread tartare on base of bun and top with lettuce, tomato slices, fish, a squeeze of lemon and then the top of the bun.
- You can prepare the fish & homemade tartare earlier in the day then fry fish and assemble at dinner time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 651Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 821mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 59g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Leave a Reply