This hot smoked salmon pasta has a lovely creamy lemon flavour, you only need a few ingredients to create this easy recipe.
This hot smoked salmon pasta takes less than 20 minutes to make. The fresh lemon mixed with cream, salmon and al dente pappardelle makes for one amazing dinner.
I have been making this easy pasta for years now, it was inspired by a recipe from Julie Biuso when I worked as a junior graphic designer at Taste magazine back in 2005. I love having hot smoked salmon in my fridge to use in pasta, wraps or on a bagel with cream cheese.
To make the delicious sauce for this recipe you fry sage leaves in butter, add cream and lemon then stir until it becomes thick and bubbling. I like to flake half of the salmon into the sauce and reserve the other half to use at the end of the dish. This way it doesn't get broken up too much and you can have nice little pieces of salmon on top of the creamy pappardelle.
I used dried pappardelle in this recipe but most dried or fresh pasta would work, just cook according to the packet instructions until al dente.
Make sure you season the creamy sauce to taste with salt and black pepper before adding the cooked pasta. I like to serve my smoked salmon pasta garnished with chopped chives and a wedge of lemon.
If you want some more recipe ideas for salmon check out my posts for Hot smoked salmon salad and Grilled honey soy salmon rice bowls
MORE PASTA RECIPES TO TRY:
QUICK CHORIZO PASTA
CREAMY CHICKEN PESTO PASTA
ITALIAN STYLE PORK MEATBALLS
Baked chicken parmigiana
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Smoked salmon pasta
A delicious and quick pasta meal made with smoked salmon.
- 250g pappardelle pasta
- 2 lemons segments and juice
- 20g butter
- 4 sage leaves, chopped
- 200mls cream
- 180g hot smoked salmon
- Handful of chives, chopped
- 4 lemon wedges to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Remove the skin of the lemon and cut out the segments leaving the white pith, squeeze the rest of the juice out of the lemon and reserve then cut the lemon segments in half.
- Brown butter in a large frypan on medium heat, add sage leaves.
- Add cream to the frypan and cook until bubbling. Stir in the lemon segments and juice, cook for a few minutes until it thickens up a bit.
- Flake half of the smoked salmon into the cream and stir to combine. Check the sauce and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the hot creamy sauce and scatter over finely chopped chives.
- Serve in bowls with the rest of the salmon flaked into each portion.
- Any type of pasta would work well in this dish, just cook according to packet instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 989mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 15g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Leave a Reply