These grilled salmon rice bowls are served with fresh veggies and avocado, super tasty and ready in minutes.
Is there anything better than fresh fish and veggies for a feel-good summer meal? These grilled honey soy salmon rice bowls are packed with protein, antioxidants and omega 3. Which surely means you can enjoy some ice cream for dessert, right?
The simple glaze is made from pantry staples and gives the salmon a sweet and salty flavour. If you can’t find limes, lemon juice would work well too. To make this meal extra quick use pre-cooked rice in a packet or cup.
I have used Kewpie Roasted sesame which is one of my favourite dressings. Any Asian style dressing would work or keep it simple with mayo and soy sauce.
These grilled salmon bowls are just as good as a takeaway style buddha bowl. Packed full of all of my favourite flavours. The best part about it is you can adjust the veggies to suit your taste or to what you have in the fridge. This recipe has the quantities for two – the perfect date night meal, but the ingredients can be easily multiplied to feed more people.
HOW TO MAKE MY EASY SALMON BOWLS:
Start by whisking the soy sauce, honey and lime juice together. Brush half the glaze over the salmon then place under the grill for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush the remaining glaze on then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Return to the oven for a further 6-8 minutes or until the salmon is cooked.
Chop the cooked salmon into squares. Assemble your bowl by arranging the cooked rice, salmon, avocado, red cabbage, edamame beans, spring onion and sesame seeds. Top with the dressing or Japanese mayo if you prefer.
More delicious seafood recipes:
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 300g salmon fillet
- 1 Tbsp liquid honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 250g cooked rice
- 1 cup edamame beans, cooked
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, sliced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Kewpie roasted sesame dressing
- Pre-heat oven to 200° fan grill.
- Whisk glaze ingredients together and then brush over the salmon, put it under the grill for 6 minutes then brush over any remaining glaze and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- Put the salmon back under the grill for another 6-8 minutes until cooked through.
- Slice salmon in to squares and serve on top of hot rice with edamame beans, avocado, red cabbage, spring onion, sesame seeds and top with dressing.
- This recipe has the quantities for two, but the ingredients can be easily multiplied to feed more people.
- Any Asian style dressing would work with this dish or keep it simple with Japanese mayo and soy sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 626mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 13gSugar: 13gProtein: 50g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.