Packed with green veggies, this grilled salmon and potato salad is so delicious.
There's something about eating a salad with lots of green vegetables that makes me feel a little smug. Almost like it will cancel out all the treats I've had that day! However, this Grilled Salmon and Potato Salad is so tasty, it really is a treat in itself. A great salad to make in summer when avocados, cucumbers and asparagus are plentiful and affordable. Swap the asparagus for green beans if they are not in season.
For this version I used baby cos lettuce, however, baby spinach, mesclun or iceberg lettuce would all work. I also used store-bought pesto as that's what I had, but you could also make your own using my homemade cashew pesto recipe.
HOW TO MAKE Salmon and potato salad:
Start by getting those potatoes on to boil. Choose a pot big enough to fit all the potatoes on the bottom and steam the veggies on the top. Chop the potatoes in half then boil for 20 minutes or until just cooked. Steam the sliced asparagus and edamame beans on top for approximately 5 minutes or just cooked. Wash and dry the cos lettuce, then tear it into bite sized pieces.
Brush the salmon fillets in sweet chilli sauce then bake them in the oven for 15 minutes, or just 5 minutes in a air fryer. Whisk together the pesto, mayonnaise, olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper then set the dressing aside.
Layer the salad in a large dish starting with the lettuce, then the cooked and drained potatoes. Arrange the asparagus, edamame beans, avocado, cucumber, spring onions on top then pour over the dressing. Cut the cooked salmon into bite sized pieces and arrange on top of the salad discarding the skin. Garnish with your favourite herbs (I used basil) and serve immediately.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 500g small new potatoes
- ½ bunch asparagus, sliced
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 1 mini cos lettuce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 350g salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 Tbsp pesto
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil potatoes until just cooked, approx 20 minutes.
- Steam asparagus and edamame beans over the boiling pot for 5 minutes until just cooked.
- Wash cos lettuce and break up any large pieces.
- Brush sweet chilli over salmon fillets and bake until just cooked through: approx 5 minutes in an air fryer or 15 minutes in the oven at 180.C fanbake.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together and set aside until ready to use.
- Layer salad in a large dish, start with cos lettuce then cooked potatoes, asparagus, edamame beans, sliced cucumber, avocado, spring onion and then pour over the dressing.
- Cut cooked salmon into bite size pieces and arrange on top of the salad, discarding the skin.
- Garnish with herbs and serve immediately.
- Swap the asparagus for green beans if they are not in season.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.