A delicious summer salad layered with hot smoked salmon, radish, feta, edamame and lettuce.
Salmon works so well with fresh vegetables and creamy cheese. The brown rice base in this salad not only makes this a pretty healthy dish, but also means you’ll feel fuller for longer after eating it.
I’ve used a rice cup with brown rice and quinoa for this version. Leftover brown rice or even quinoa by itself would be great substitutes if that’s what you have in the cupboard/fridge. The radishes offer a brilliant peppery flavour and pop of bright pink colour.
The dressing is made from standard pantry items and works well on lots of salads. Although this recipe is inherently gluten free (both brown rice and quinoa are gluten free), be sure to check the back of your sauce bottles for ‘traces of gluten’ if you are coeliac.
HOW TO MAKE HOT SMOKED SALMON SALAD:
Start by cooking the rice cup as per the packet instructions. While that’s cooking, layer the shredded lettuce in an even layer across the bottom of a large serving platter. When the rice is ready, scatter it on top of the lettuce. Next add the chopped spring onion, radishes, cucumber, tomatoes and avocado.
Place edamame beans in 1 cup of water and, then microwave for 4 minutes or until the beans are cooked. Remove from the microwave, drain, and add to the salad. Chop the smoked salmon into bite sized pieces then arrange on top of the salad with the chopped feta and almonds. Finally, whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle all over the salad. Enjoy!
Pin this post to your salad board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- ½ iceburg lettuce, shredded
- 1 brown rice cup
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, sliced thinly
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ cup edamame beans
- 250g hot smoked salmon
- 50g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Add lettuce to a large serving dish, cook rice cup to packet instructions.
- Add rice, spring onion, tomatoes, radish, cucumber and avocado to dish.
- Heat edamame beans in a cup full of water in the microwave for 4 minutes, drain and add to salad.
- Chop salmon into bite size pieces and add to salad with feta and almonds.
- Dressing: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the salad.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- This recipe is inherently gluten free, but be sure to check you sauce bottles for traces of gluten if you are coeliac.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 1639mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 8gProtein: 21g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.