A super healthy Thai Beef Salad full of big flavours. Leafy greens, BBQ steak, noodles, peanuts and a delicious Thai style dressing.
Thai Beef Salad is one of those amazing meals that tastes incredible and is also really healthy. The fresh flavours of the mint and cucumber go so well with the salty peanuts, tender steak and tangy dressing.
I’ve used affordable rump steak for this recipe but you can use any cut of grilling steak. Cook the meat to the preference of you and your guests. I like to cook mine medium rare. I have served this on a large platter so it is perfect to feed a crowd or take along to a pot luck dinner / barbecue.
How to make Thai Beef Salad:
To start, cook the seasoned steak on a BBQ for 2-4 minutes each side, then set aside. Cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small jug then refrigerate.
Chop all the vegetables, then slice the steak into thin strips. On a large serving platter or dish, layer the salad starting with mesclun leaves and rice noodles. Scatter over sugar snaps, red onion, bean sprouts, cucumber and red pepper.
Finish with a scattering of fresh mint leaves, strips of sliced steak and peanuts. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
Asian food is some of my favourite to cook at home. If you like this recipe be sure to check out my Sticky Asian Beef, Five Spice Pork Stir Fry, Pulled Pork Bao Buns and my ever popular Sticky Chinese Pork Belly
Common questions about Thai Beef Salad:
What types of beef steak can I use? Rump, flank or sirloin steak are all good options for this salad.
Does this keep well for leftovers the next day? It sure does! Store in an airtight container in the fridge overnight then enjoy this delicious lunch the next day.
Pin this post to your salads board on Pinterest and save it for later
AD – THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY GIFTED INGREDIENTS FROM COUNTDOWN SUPERMARKETS, MY BRAND AMBASSADOR PARTNER.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 600g rump steak
- 100g vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 130g mesclun salad
- 100g sugar snaps, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
- 100g mung bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced in ribbons
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
Thai style dressing:
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime/lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan or BBQ to a high heat and cook steak for 2-4 minutes on each side, then set aside to rest.
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions.
- Make the Thai style dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small jug, chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once you have prepped and chopped all of the vegetables, slice cooked steak into thin strips.
- On a large serving platter or dish layer the salad starting with the mesclun leaves and rice noodles. Scatter over sugar snaps, red onion, bean sprouts, cucumber and red pepper.
- Finish off with the fresh mint leaves, strips of sliced steak and peanuts.
- Drizzle some of the dressing over the top just before serving. Leave the rest in a jug on the side so each person can add extra to their plates.
- Cook the steak to the preference of you and your guests. Medium rare would be nice and tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1132mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 32g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.