A delicious summer salad made from grilled peaches, pork and corn mixed with avocado, mint and red onion.
When it comes to summer salads, ingredients don't get much more seasonal than this tasty Grilled Pork, Peach and Corn Salad.
I think that's part of the charm, that there's only a small window in the year when you can make it. But when you do, gosh it's good! Although the grilled peach may feel unusual, trust me - it makes the salad.
This salad hits all the right notes. Crunchy, zesty, sweet and sour. I guarantee this will become one of your go-to salads after you make it the first time. Such a great option to take along to a BBQ or pot luck.
How to make Pork and Peach salad:
Place the marinade ingredients into a shallow dish and mix to combine. Add the pork steaks and coat on each side. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes. Place the corn, still in the husk, in the microwave for 5 minutes. Remove the husk ready to BBQ.
Cook the pork on the BBQ for 6 minutes on one side and turn over and grill for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to rest. Grill the peach halves and corn cobs at the same time as the pork, until slightly charred then remove.
Cut the corn off the cob, dice the grilled peaches then add to a large bowl with the diced avocado, sliced onion and fresh mint. Combine the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the salad and mix everything to combine. Pour the salad onto a platter.
Slice the pork into thin pieces and place on top of the salad. Scatter over the roasted cashews and serve immediately.
If you have an abundance of peaches to use up, check out my recipes for Skillet Cake, Plum Cake and Apple Slice - all of which can use peaches in them!
Common questions and tips for Pork, Peach and corn salad:
What if I can't find pork steaks? I've also made this salad with pork loin. It looks so impressive laid out on top of the salad.
Could I use other stone fruit? Absolutely. Yellow flesh peaches could be substituted for white flesh peaches or even nectarines.
- If you don't have a BBQ available, the pork, corn and peaches can be grilled in a frying pan. Cooking times may vary.
- Cucumber makes a lovely addition!
- You can leave the red onion out or swap it for spring onion of you prefer.
Pin this post to your Salads board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Grilled Pork, Peach and Corn Salad
A crunchy and fresh salad made with grilled pork, peach and corn combined with creamy avocado, fresh mint and roasted cashews.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 500g pork loin steaks
- 2 corn cobs, husk on
- 2 peaches, halved and stone removed
- 2 avocados, diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 3 Tbsp roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sweet chilli
- Place the marinade ingredients into a shallow dish and mix to combine. Add the pork steaks and coat on each side. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place the corn (still in the husk) in the microwave for 5 minutes. Remove the husk ready to BBQ.
- Cook the pork on the BBQ for 6 minutes on one side and turn over and grill for a further 2 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Grill the peach halves and corn cobs at the same time as the pork, until slightly charred then remove.
- Cut the corn off the cob, dice the grilled peaches then add to a large bowl with the diced avocado, sliced onion and fresh mint.
- Combine the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the salad and mix everything to combine. Pour the salad onto a platter.
- Slice the pork into thin pieces and place on top of the salad. Scatter over the roasted cashews and serve immediately.
- Nectarines or apricots could be used instead of peaches
- Cucumber would be a great addition
- You can also grill the pork, peaches and corn in a frying pan. Cook times may vary.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 688Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 11gSugar: 18gProtein: 40g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT MY RECIPE.
FOLLOW ALONG AT MY FACEBOOK PAGE.
OR TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @VJ_COOKS AND HASHTAG IT #VJCOOKS
Great ideas to feed a crowd
These recipes are ideal for summer get togethers. Everyone can assemble their own dinner just the way they like it.
Slow cooker Mexican Pulled Pork
Tasty and tender Mexican style Pulled Pork cooked in the slow cooker.
Mexican Style Beef Mince
Versatile Mexican style beef mince made with rice and beans. Perfect for burritos, nachos or quesadillas.
Fish Taco Bowls
Taco bowls made from fresh fish fillets, seasonal vegetables, beans and corn chips.
Falafel Pita Pockets
Pita pockets filled with feta and spinach dip, crispy falafel bites and fresh salad.
Pork Lettuce Cups
Light and refreshing pork lettuce cups made with pork mince and topped with crunchy sprouts and nuts.
BBQ Steak Fajitas
Steak fajitas served with grilled capsicum and toasted tortillas.
BBQ fish tacos
The perfect summer holiday meal for sharing with friends at the beach.
Thai Beef Salad
A crunchy and fresh salad made with BBQ beef strips, seasonal vegetables and a Thai style dressing.
Slow Cooker Creamy Shredded Chicken
Versatile, creamy shredded chicken made in the slow cooker.
BBQ Chicken Roti
These delicious chicken roti are topped with a homemade satay sauce.
Honey BBQ Pulled Chicken
Pulled chicken breast baked in a honey BBQ sauce.
Lamb Pita Pockets
A simple and delicious dinner made from tender lamb medallions, served in toasted pita pockets.
Lamb and haloumi wraps
These wraps are packed full of fresh flavours.
Crispy Fresh Fish Burgers
Crispy burgers made with fresh fish fillets and a homemade tartare sauce.
Pulled pork bao buns
This pulled pork is made in the slow cooker so you can prep it in the morning and come home to delicious Asian style pulled pork.
Multi Cooker Mexican Chicken and rice
This super simple and delicious recipe for multi cooker Mexican chicken and rice is a family favourite.
Leave a Reply