A super quick and easy Pad Thai made with chicken, bean sprouts, noodles and a homemade sauce. Ready in 20 minutes.
Whenever we visit our local Thai restaurant, we always order Pad Thai. I thought it was about time I recreated Chicken Pad Thai at home using my own homemade sauce.
My favourite Pad Thai is chicken. If you prefer, you could use beef, tofu, prawns or pork instead.
Depending on how hot you like your noodles, you can increase or decrease the amount of crushed chilli.
How to make Pad Thai:
Pan fry chicken in a little oil in a non stick fry pan until cooked through. Stir in crushed garlic and combine.
Make a space in the centre and crack in the eggs. Keep stirring until they are cooked through.
Add the Pad Thai noodles and bean sprouts to the pan.
Whisk together the sauce ingredients then pour into the pan. Scatter in spring onions and peanuts then stir everything together.
Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is reduced and the noodles are cooked through.
Serve immediately with extra crushed peanuts, spring onion and fresh coriander.
Common questions about Chicken Pad Thai:
Could I use dried Pad Thai noodles instead? Absolutely. Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. Add them to the pan at the same time as the sauce.
How long with this meal keep for? I would recommend eating leftovers within two days of making this meal. Always reheat until piping hot.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
AD – THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY GIFTED INGREDIENTS FROM COUNTDOWN SUPERMARKETS, MY BRAND AMBASSADOR PARTNER
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
If you want to make this recipe gluten free: Always check the label on processed foods, including sauce bottles.
- 4 chicken thighs, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 eggs
- 100g beansprouts
- 400g Pad Thai noodles, pre-cooked
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- 4 Tbsp crushed peanuts
- 4 lemon wedges
Pad Thai sauce:
- 4 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed chilli
- Pan fry chicken with a little oil in a non-stick pan until cooked through. Stir in crushed garlic.
- Make a space in the centre of the pan and crack in the eggs, keep stirring until they are cooked through then add the Pad Thai noodles and bean sprouts.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the Pad Thai sauce and pour over the noodles. Scatter in spring onion and peanuts then stir everything together.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is reduced and the noodles are cooked through.
- Serve immediately with extra crushed peanuts, sliced spring onion and fresh coriander on top. Plus a wedge of lemon.
- Tofu or prawns would make a great addition or substitution.
- The chicken could also be swapped out for beef strips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 603Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 341mgSodium: 2642mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 52g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.