A tasty chicken noodle stir fry cooked in a satay sauce, topped with fresh veggies and peanuts.
Indomie Noodles are hugely popular in New Zealand. From snacking to main meals, they are the type of food that everyone in the family enjoys. When Indomie asked me to collaborate with them on a family meal it was a no-brainer. Here is my favourite recipe for Chicken Satay Noodle Stir Fry.
The Indomie Noodles are the perfect base to this fast and easy meal. Not only are they great for soaking up the delicious sauce, but they're also really fun to eat! This meal is super quick to pull together once the ingredients have been prepped. I like to chop up all my veg at the start, then get into frying the chicken.
How to make Chicken Satay Noodle Stir Fry:
To begin, heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan on a high heat. Add the chicken and brown on all sides until cooked through. Cook the noodles for 2.5 minutes in a large pot of boiling water.
Drain the noodles and add to the pan with the chicken. Stir fry for a few minutes. In a glass jug, whisk together the soy sauce, boiling water, peanut butter and both Indomie flavour sachets.
Pour the satay sauce over the noodles and chicken, then stir fry to coat in the sauce.
Once heated through, serve the noodles and chicken in bowls topped with carrot, sugar snaps, bean sprouts, spring onion and fresh chilli. Scatter over roasted peanuts and serve immediately with slices of lime.
Big fan of noodles? Me too! Check out my collection of noodle dishes including Thai Style Beef Salad, Slow cooker Honey and Soy Chicken, Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Salad, as well as my super popular Steak Salad with Miso Dressing.
Common questions about Chicken Noodle Satay Stir Fry:
What type of chicken should I use? I prefer boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. But chicken breast would also work.
Is this meal suitable for kids? Absolutely! The sauce isn't spicy and you can just add your kids' favourite vegetables to the top (leaving out the chilli!).
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
AD – THANKS SO MUCH TO INDOMIE FOR PARTNERING WITH ME TO CREATE THIS RECIPE.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 500g boneless chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 x 80g packet Indomie noodles, satay flavour
- 2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 90ml boiling water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 100g sugar snap peas, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 100g mung bean sprouts
- 1 fresh red chilli, sliced
- 1 Tbsp roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges to serve
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan then add the chicken. Fry chicken until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Cook noodles for 2½ minutes in a large pot of boiling water.
- Drain noodles and add to the frying pan with the chicken. Stir fry noodles for a few minutes.
- Mix together peanut butter, soy sauce and boiling in a small glass jug. Add the flavour sachets from both packets of Indomie noodles and whisk everything together.
- Pour the satay sauce over the noodles and chicken then stir fry to coat in the sauce.
- Once heated through, serve the noodles and chicken in bowls topped with carrot, sugar snaps, beansprouts, spring onion and fresh chilli. Scatter over roasted peanuts and serve immediately with slices of lime.
- Feel free to add your favourite fresh vegetables to the dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 627Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 1606mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 52g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.