Delicious Honey and Soy Chicken made in the slow cooker, served with vegetables and noodles.
I have partnered with Lee Kum Kee to create this easy and tasty dinner. I love meals that I can throw in the slow cooker in the morning and then they are ready to go for dinner. This recipe for Honey and Soy Chicken uses the new Lee Kum Kee Slow Cook Sauce and it is a game changer! The flavours are the perfect balance of sweet and sour and they only get better as the chicken slowly cooks.
I used chicken thighs as they have a great flavour that works really well in slow cooked meals. However, you could also use chicken breast. I added fresh capsicum and sugar snaps to the end of my cooking. Feel free to add your favourite seasonal vegetables including broccoli, mushrooms, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach or green beans.
How to make Honey Soy Chicken in the slow cooker:
To begin, add the sliced onion and carrot, crushed garlic and ground ginger to the base of a slow cooker and stir together. Slice the chicken thighs into four then add to the dish.
Stir in the Lee Kum Kee Slow Cook sauce and boiling water then cook on high for three hours, or low for six hours. 15 minutes before serving, add the capsicum and sugar snaps.
Serve on top of cooked noodles or steamed rice. Garnish with sesame seeds, spring onion, coriander and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
If you're after more time-saving recipes made in the slow cooker be sure to check out My Favourite Slow Cooker Meals for some great inspiration.
Thanks so much to Lee Kum Kee for partnering with me to create this tasty dish. It is so simple to make and their products really add so much flavour to this recipe.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 500g chicken thighS
- 120g packet Lee Kum Kee Honey & Soy Slow Cook Sauce
- 400ml boiling water
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 100g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 300g egg noodles, cooked
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 4 lemon wedges
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and carrot to the base of a slow cooker and stir together.
- Slice each chicken thigh into four pieces, then add on top.
- Squeeze in slow cook sauce and pour in boiling water.
- Mix everything together and cook on high for three hours or low for six hours (or until the chicken is cooked through).
- 15 minutes before serving add the capsicum and sugar snaps.
- Serve on top of cooked noodles or steamed rice.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, spring onion, coriander and lemon wedges.
- Use your favourite seasonal vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, green beans etc. Just add them in during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- I used dried egg noodles but you could also serve this with Pad Thai noodles (flat rice noodles), Vermicelli (skinny rice noodles), steamed rice or even cauliflower rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 7gSugar: 32gProtein: 37g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.