A sticky pork stir fry with a delicious homemade sauce. It is so easy to make this great family meal.
This Pork Stir Fry is easy to make and tastes amazing. Made from delicious New Zealand pork steaks, broccoli and a homemade stir fry sauce, this is a meal the whole family will enjoy. Served with hot rice and a sprinkling of sesame seeds this dish proves you don't have to cook complicated recipes to get great flavours.
There's something really satisfying about making your own sauces. Especially when you have most of the ingredients in the cupboard already! If you don't have sesame oil you could substitute this for a neutral oil, however, it really does add a lovely flavour to the meat.
How to make Pork Stir Fry:
To begin, whisk all of the ingredients for the stir fry sauce together, then set aside. Next, heat the sesame oil in a large non stick frying pan or wok. Add the pork and quickly brown it on all sides, about 5 minutes.
While the meat cooks, place the broccoli in a bowl or jug then pour boiling water over it. Drain and add to the pan. Add the stir fry sauce to the centre of the pan, bring to a simmer then stir through the pork and broccoli.
Keep stirring the dish over a medium heat until the sauce has thickened and the pork is cooked all the way through. Serve immediately on top of steamed rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Common questions about pork stir fry:
Which cuts of meat should I use for this meal? This meal works best with pork steaks, or pre-diced pork meat. Avoid chops or cuts of meat with bones in them. This recipe would also be great with diced chicken, beef or tofu.
Can I use different vegetables? Absolutely. You could add in or substitute the broccoli for bok choy, carrot or capsicum.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
If you want to make this recipe gluten free: Always check the label on processed foods, including sauce bottles.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 600g pork steaks, diced
- 200g broccoli stems, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp crushed chilli (optional)
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the pork and brown on all sides, about 5 mins.
- Pour boiling water over the broccoli while you fry the pork, drain and then add to the pan.
- Make a space in the centre of the frying pan and pour in the stir-fry sauce, bring it to a simmer then stir through the pork and broccoli.
- Cook stirring until the sauce thickens up and pork is cooked through.
- Serve immediately on top of steamed rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Always check the label on processed foods, including sauce bottles, to ensure they are completely gluten free.
- Extra vegetables can be added like cauliflower, green beans, pak choy or carrots
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 1163mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 49g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.