A crowd pleasing side for any occasion, this pesto potato salad has a creamy dressing and is topped with crispy bacon pieces.
Almost everyone likes potato salad and this recipe for Pesto Potato Salad really knocks it out of the park! I like to make this salad when I’m going to a family potluck dinner. We’ve even had it for Christmas Day lunch in the past.
The sauce is an epic mix of sour cream, mayonnaise, pesto and sundried tomatoes. You can use any store-bought pesto or if you’ve got the time, whip up a batch of my Homemade Cashew Pesto. The crispy bacon adds a lovely crunch to the fluffy potatoes.
How to make Pesto Potato Salad:
Start by frying the bacon until crispy and golden. When it has cooled, chop it into small pieces and set aside. Boil potatoes until just cooked through then drain. Add the sour cream, mayo, pesto and sundried tomatoes to the saucepan.
Add half of the chopped bacon then mix everything together. Pour into a serving dish and scatter over the rest of the bacon and basil.
Serve warm or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
If you’re looking for another epic potato dish, you can’t go past my Cheesy Potato Bake!
Common questions about Pesto Potato Salad:
Which type of potatoes should I use? Any type of boiling potatoes will work in this recipe. I like to use baby/gourmet potatoes.
How long does this salad keep for? Store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge and it will keep well for 2 days.
Pin this post to your salads board on Pinterest and save it for later
Always check the label on processed foods, including sauce bottles, to ensure they are completely gluten free.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 150g bacon (10 rashers)
- 125g thick mayonnaise
- 125g sour cream
- 60g pesto
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Basil to garnish
- Fry bacon until crispy. Once cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Boil potatoes until just cooked through.
- Drain potatoes then add sour cream, mayo, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes to the saucepan. Add half of the bacon then mix everything together.
- Pour into a serving dish and scatter over the rest of the bacon and basil.
- Serve warm or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Always check the label on processed foods, including sauce bottles, to ensure they are completely gluten free.
- This salad will keep well for two days in the fridge. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.