An easy pasta salad coated in a tasty dressing and topped with boiled eggs. Perfect for summer.
This easy Pasta Salad is the perfect dish to take along to summer BBQs and get togethers. Ready in less than 30 minutes, there's nothing complicated about this dish.
I've used bowties for this salad, however you could easily swap these out for your favourite pasta. This recipe really is so versatile. You could add in or swap out sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, corn, asparagus, capsicum, olives and even add in some chorizo or bacon if you like.
How to make my Pasta Salad:
To begin cook the pasta in a large pot until al dente. Drain, then add the pasta back to the pot. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and feta. Keep aside extra feta and spring onion to garnish when serving.
Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Pour the dressing into the pot and mix together until everything is well coated. Add the pasta salad to a serving dish. Slice the boiled eggs and arrange on top of pasta.
Scatter over the extra feta and spring onion. Serve while warm or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Common questions about pasta salad:
How long will this salad keep for? This salad will keep well in the fridge in an airtight container for two days.
What does 'al dente' mean? It literally translates to 'to the tooth' or to the bite. You know your pasta is cooked 'al dente' when it is tender but still has some resistance 'to the bite'.
Pin this post to your SALADS board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 500g pasta, bowtie/penne/spirals
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g cucumber, diced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 75g feta, crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (110g)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (125g tub)
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp smoked paprika
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain then add the
pasta back to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion and feta. Keep aside extra feta and spring onion for
garnish when serving.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Pour into the pot and mix all of
the ingredients together until well coated.
- Add the pasta salad to a serving dish. Slice boiled eggs and arrange on top of pasta.
- Scatter over extra feta and spring onion.
- Serve while warm or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Tasty additions or swaps include: sun-dried tomatoes, olives, red or yellow pepper, bacon, cooked chicken, chorizo, corn, red onion, cooked asparagus or green beans, peas and even canned tuna.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 544mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.