A tasty Carrot and Chorizo salad made from roast vegetables + pan fried haloumi and chorizo. Such a yummy way to eat carrots!
It’s not often that the humble carrot is the star of a meal. However, this delicious recipe for Carrot and Chorizo Salad will have you wondering why you haven’t been roasting them more often!
The combination of flavours and textures in this recipe is bang on. Sweet, salty, peppery, acidic, creamy, crunchy and soft. It’s all there! Enjoy this as a main meal for 4 adults, or as a side dish at a BBQ.
How to make Carrot and Chorizo Salad:
Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake. Mix together olive oil, paprika and cumin then season well with salt and pepper. Coat the sliced carrot and parsnip in the olive oil mix then spread out on a lined baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Next, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and store in the fridge until ready to serve. Pan fry sliced haloumi and chorizo until golden on both sides. In a large serving dish, layer up the rocket, carrot and parsnip, then the haloumi, chorizo and pine nuts. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
Common questions about Carrot and Chorizo Salad:
Could I make this vegetarian? Yes! If you left out the chorizo this would be vegetarian.
What other vegetables could I add in or swap? You could also roast small chunks of pumpkin or kumara if you have them to use. Feel free swap the rocket for mesclun, iceberg lettuce, fancy lettuce or even baby spinach if you prefer.
Pin this post to your Salads board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 3 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 200g haloumi, sliced
- 150g chorizo, sliced
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pinenuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan bake.
- Peel then cut carrots and parsnips into 1 cm thick slices.
- Mix together olive oil, paprika and cumin then season well with salt and pepper.
- Coat the carrot and parsnip slices in the olive oil mix then spread out on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the carrots and parsnips are golden and cooked through, turning once during cooking.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Pan fry haloumi and chorizo for a few minutes on each side until golden, cut haloumi into bite-size pieces.
- In a large serving dish spread out the rocket, add the roasted carrots and parsnips, top with haloumi, pine nuts and chorizo.
- Pour over dressing just before serving.
- To make this vegetarian, leave the chorizo out. It still tastes really yummy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 922mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 22g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.