These lamb and haloumi wraps are so delicious, why not skip the takeaways and make this easy meal at home.
Why not skip the takeaways this weekend and make these delicious kebab style lamb and haloumi wraps at home. They are so tasty and your whole family will love them. I decided to add some pan fried haloumi for extra wow factor in the wraps.
Countdown has so many affordable options so you can make healthier choices when you create family meals. I’m such a fan of haloumi and love how it has also be added to their range of products on Price Lockdown.
To give the lamb in this recipe lots of flavour I marinated it in olive oil, mixed spice, salt and crushed garlic. If you have time marinate for at least on hour or you could prepare it the day before and marinate the lamb over night for maximum flavour.
The tasty tzatziki is made with greek yoghurt, cucumber, lemon juice and mint. I used Lebanese wraps that I bought at Countdown but most wraps would work with this recipe.
I served my lamb and haloumi wraps with rocket, spring onion, cherry tomatoes and the tasty greek style tzatziki. Haloumi is such a versatile product, I also love using it to jazz up fresh summer salads.
[social_warfare buttons=”Facebook, Pinterest”]
Check out the easy recipe below:
Lamb and haloumi wraps
Yield 4 wraps
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 450g lamb leg steaks
- 2 tsp ground mix spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of mint (finely chopped)
- 180g haloumi
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 50g rocket (half bag)
- 4 wraps
- Marinate the lamb in olive oil, mixed spice, salt and crushed garlic. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (if possible).
- To make the tzatziki, mix together Greek yoghurt, cucumber, lemon and mint. Season with salt and pepper then set aside and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the lamb in a hot frypan for 3-4 minutes on each side then place on a board to rest while you cook the haloumi.
- Cut the haloumi into 1 cm slices and pan fry for about two minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Slice the lamb into 2cm thick slices.
- Warm the wraps in the oven or toast for 30 seconds on each side in a dry fry pan.
- To assemble: spread the warm wraps with a generous dollop of the tzatziki, then add the cherry tomatoes, fresh rocket, sliced lamb and grilled haloumi.
- Wrap them up and serve immediately.