These lamb and haloumi wraps are so delicious, why not skip the takeaways and make this easy meal at home.
Why not skip the takeaways and make these delicious kebab style lamb and haloumi wraps at home. They are so tasty and your whole family will love them. I decided to add some pan fried haloumi for extra wow factor in the wraps.
To give the lamb in this recipe lots of flavour I marinated it in olive oil, mixed spice, salt and crushed garlic. If you have time marinate for at least on hour or you could prepare it the day before and marinate the lamb over night for maximum flavour.
The tasty tzatziki is made with greek yoghurt, cucumber, lemon juice and mint. I used Lebanese wraps that I bought at Countdown but most wraps would work with this recipe.
I served my lamb and haloumi wraps with rocket, spring onion, cherry tomatoes and the tasty greek style tzatziki. Haloumi is such a versatile product, I also love using it to jazz up fresh summer salads.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS POST TO YOUR DINNERS BOARD ON PINTEREST AND SAVE IT FOR LATER
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
Lamb and haloumi wraps
These wraps are packed full of fresh flavours.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 450g lamb leg steaks
- 2 tsp ground mix spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of mint (finely chopped)
- 180g haloumi
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 50g rocket (half bag)
- 4 wraps
- Marinate the lamb in olive oil, mixed spice, salt and crushed garlic. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (if possible).
- To make the tzatziki: mix together Greek yoghurt, cucumber, lemon and mint. Season with salt and pepper then set aside and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the lamb in a hot frypan for 3-4 minutes on each side then place on a board to rest while you cook the haloumi.
- Cut the haloumi into 1 cm slices and pan fry for about two minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Slice the lamb into 2cm thick slices.
- Warm the wraps in the oven or toast for 30 seconds on each side in a dry fry pan.
- To assemble: spread the warm wraps with a generous dollop of the tzatziki, then add the cherry tomatoes, fresh rocket, sliced lamb and grilled haloumi.
- Wrap them up and serve immediately.
- These wraps would also be delicious with beef steaks or chicken thighs in place of the lamb.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 wrap
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 1070mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 63g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
Yum, yum. I made mine with NZ Zany Zeus Halloumi and they were absolutely moreish. Thank you for the idea.
PS Zany Zeus is so yummy on its own I struggled to keep enough for making the dish !
I agree! I love haloumi. Glad you enjoyed the recipe too 🙂