My Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Shells are ready in only 25 minutes and taste amazing. A great mid week meal for the whole family.
This is comfort food at its best. With three types of tomato, cooking cream and cheese, my Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Shells are big on flavour!
To make this recipe even quicker, I used sliced roast chicken. If you prefer you could cook the chicken from scratch. Just add some diced chicken breast in after the garlic and stir fry until cooked through.
How to make Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Shells:
Start by cooking the pasta shells until al dente. Add olive oil to a large frying pan, then garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for a few minutes then add the chicken and tomato paste.
Add crushed tomatoes and baby spinach. Stir everything together and cover. Simmer for five minutes. Pour in cream and stir the sauce together. Season well with salt and pepper.
Add the grated cheese then add the cooked pasta. Coat pasta in the sauce then serve immediately with fresh basil on top.
For other yummy pasta dishes that are ready in less than 30 minutes, have a look at my super popular recipes for One Pot Chicken and Pasta, One Pot Mince and Pasta or my delicious Creamy Mushroom Pasta.
Common questions about Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Shells:
What other types of pasta could I use? You could use penne, bowties, spaghetti, macaroni etc. Most pasta shapes work well with this recipe! I bought my pasta shells from a local delicatessen, sometimes they can be hard to find.
Do I have to use cooked chicken? Not at all! I had some that needed using up. To cook chicken from scratch add diced chicken breast after the garlic and fry, stirring until cooked through.
Pin this post to your Pasta board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 250g large pasta shells
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 300g cooked chicken, sliced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (400g)
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 250ml cooking cream (or heavy cream)
- 50g grated cheese/mozzarella
- Fresh basil to serve
- Cook pasta shells according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Add olive oil to a large frying pan then garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for a few minutes then add the chicken and tomato paste.
- Add crushed tomatoes and baby spinach. Stir everything together and cover. Simmer for five minutes.
- Pour in cream and stir the sauce together. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the grated cheese then add the cooked pasta.
- Coat pasta in the sauce then serve immediately with fresh basil on top.
- Swap pasta shells for penne, bowties or spaghetti or any shape you prefer.
- Cooking cream can be swapped for heavy cream, cream cheese or sour cream. Or leave it out and it will still be delicious.
- If you want to cook chicken from scratch add diced chicken breast after the garlic and fry stirring until cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 29g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.