This delicious one pot mince and pasta dish is so easy to make and is sure to be one of your family favourites.
I love one pot dishes and this one pot mince and pasta is a midweek meal go-to. The great thing about this recipe is the pasta cooks in the sauce with the beef mince, which makes it packed with flavour. This dinner could also be made with chicken mince.
I used pasta spirals in my recipe but most dried pasta would work, you may just need to adapt your cooking time and cook until the pasta is al dente. This meal is based on an American dinner called Hamburger Helper, so I gave the recipe a NZ twist.
HOw to make my cheesy mince and pasta:
To start off brown the mince in a large frypan then add the onion and spinach. Then add all of the delicious flavour from tomatoes, Italian herbs and fresh garlic. You can use beef stock from a carton for this recipe or you can make it from oxo cubes like I have.
Once the pasta is cooked through scatter over grated cheese and let it melt on top of the mince. My young boys both love this meal and my husband does too, just adjust the amount of chilli flakes according to who is eating it. Below is a picture of how I serve the kids version.
This makes such a large pot of mince and pasta that it is great to have as leftovers the next day. I love having portions in the fridge on-hand to heat up in the microwave for lunch.
You could easily freeze this for later and serve as a pasta bake. Simply let it cool to room temperature then add it to an ovenproof dish and scatter with cheese. Cover with a lid or cling-wrap and freeze in an airtight container.
When you are ready to cook it for dinner simply thaw then bake in the oven until heated through and the cheese is bubbling on top.
Coming up with new ideas for mince recipes can sometimes be daunting so why not try my Slow cooker spaghetti bolognese or Chicken burrito bowls and Italian style pork meatballs with creamy tomato sauce
More pasta recipes to try:
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g beef mince (17oz)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 handful baby spinach (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups pasta
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Heat oil in a large frypan and brown the mince, add onion and spinach then cook until the onion has softened.
- Add garlic, Italian herbs, chilli flakes, tomato paste and canned tomatoes then mix well with mince.
- Pour in stock, milk and pasta then stir to combine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium, keep stirring every few minutes until liquid has absorbed and pasta is cooked al dente.
- Scatter over cheese and let it melt on top of the mince, serve immediately.
- Serve your delicious pasta with a fresh salad and crusty garlic bread.
- The beef mince could be swapped for chicken mince.
- Any shape pasta could be swapped for spirals.
- Freeze in an airtight container for up 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 550mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 47g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT MY RECIPE.
FOLLOW ALONG AT MY FACEBOOK PAGE.