This creamy mushroom pasta is packed full of flavour, it only has a few ingredients and can be made in under 15 minutes.
I love having fresh pasta in my fridge so that I can whip up a quick meal any time. This easy creamy mushroom pasta is so delicious and the toasted pinenuts add that extra nutty taste.
How to make creamy mushroom pasta:
This mushroom pasta is so simple to make, first of all you fry the mushrooms in some olive oil until they are cooked through. Then add crushed garlic and splash of white wine. This is optional, if you don’t have any wine on hand leave it out, I just like the flavour it creates in the sauce.
After the garlic and wine, add some thyme and fresh cream, keep cooking until it starts to bubble then add some grated parmesan cheese. This creates a delicious creamy mushroom sauce ready for the cooked fettuccine.
Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain and then add to the sauce. Stir the mushroom sauce through the fettuccine until it is well coated. I like to serve my mushroom pasta piping hot with extra parmesan cheese and toasted pinenuts, which give the meal a lovely nutty taste.
I love how fast and convenient this quick mushroom pasta recipe is, if you don’t have thyme you could use parsley or sage to add a nice herby flavour. This pasta will feed a family of four and can be made in under 15 minutes. The price of the meal is under $20, that’s less than $5 per portion.
This recipe can also be made with mascarpone, creme fraiche or sour cream in place of the standard cream. Dried pasta could be substituted for fresh by using: spirals, penne, macaroni, spaghetti, fettuccine or even angel hair.
More easy pasta recipes to try:
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 400g fresh fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup white wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup cream
- 40g grated parmesan
- 25g pinenuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the fettuccine. Cook according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan on the stovetop and pour in olive oil. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir until they are cooked through.
- Stir in the crushed garlic and cook for a minute, pour in the white wine and stir through the mushrooms.
- Add the thyme then pour in the cream, heat until bubbling then add the grated parmesan cheese. Stir again to combine.
- Turn off the heat then drop in the cooked fettuccine. Use tongs to cover all of the pasta in sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with plenty of freshly grated parmesan and garnish with fresh thyme and toasted pinenuts.
- You may need to add some of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce after you add the fettuccine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.