This roasted tomato and prawn pasta is fresh and delicious, a great way to use up tomatoes if you have a vine bursting with them.
This delicious recipe is so simple to make. I was inspired by having so many tomatoes on my vines. Roasting tomatoes gives them such a beautiful flavour and it is a simple way to make it lovely pasta sauce from scratch. All you have to do is halve the tomatoes and roast them with some olive oil, garlic and a good season of salt and pepper.
In this recipe I have used angel hair pasta because it goes so nicely with the home made roasted tomato sauce. It’s up to you whether you want to add chilli flakes, if you do then sprinkle them over the tomatoes before you pop the tray in the oven. This will add some lovely spice to your roasted tomato sauce.
Once you have cooked the tomatoes for about half an hour blitz them while they are still warm (or cooled) in a blender or food processor with a handful of fresh basil. This makes for such a tasty tomato sauce that can be used in a variety of ways.
It is such a simple way to make a lovely pasta sauce and is also great to use as a base for pizzas, on top of bruschetta or simply stirred through risotto. If you have extra tomatoes double the sauce recipe and freeze some of the delicious sauce in an airtight container for later.
To prepare the prawns, make sure they are completely thawed and then pull off the tails. Fry them for a few minutes on each side in a hot frypan with olive oil.
Once the prawns are cooked through pour over your fresh roasted tomato sauce and add the al dente pasta. Fold all of the ingredients together and serve immediately with loads of grated parmesan on top. This is such a quick and easy mid-week meal I’m sure your family will love it as much as mine does.
More easy pasta recipes to try:
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 500g tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved
- Shake of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 400g angel hair pasta
- 400g raw prawns
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Preheat oven to 180.C fanbake.
- Spread tomatoes, garlic, chilli flakes (if using) and olive oil in a non stick (or lined) baking tray, season well with salt and pepper then bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and juices to a blender or food processor. Scatter in the fresh basil and pulse until it is all combined.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Pan fry prawns in a large pan for a few minutes until orange and cooked through.
- Add cooked pasta and the roasted tomato sauce to the pan and stir it all together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with grated parmesan, fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
- The roasted tomato sauce freezes well if you wish to double the recipe.
- Leave out the prawns if you want the recipe to be vegetarian.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 250mgSodium: 1606mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 5gSugar: 29gProtein: 42g