This delicious baked sausage risotto with mushrooms and sausage bites is ready in under an hour.
Risotto is a super comforting meal. The best thing about my recipe for Sausage Risotto is how quick and easy it is to make! Once the veggies have been sautéd, the rest of the risotto bakes in the oven. No standing around stirring ladles of stock in!
I would recommend using a good stock for this recipe. I used Countdown’s ‘Salt Reduced Chicken Stock’, however, homemade chicken stock would also work well. This is my favourite way to make risotto check our my recipes with chicken and also one with bacon and butternut.
HOW TO MAKE sausage risotto:
Start by preheating the oven to 180ºC fanbake. Cut each sausage into 5 pieces then roll them into balls. Spread the sausage balls out on a non-stick oven tray and bake for 25 minutes.
Next, sauté the onion with olive oil in an oven proof dish. Add the garlic and mushrooms then stir together to brown for a few minutes. Add the rice to the dish, then pour the stock in slowly while stirring it all together. Cover the dish and put into the oven.
Let the dish cook for 20 minutes in the oven, then remove and stir in the cooked sausage meatballs. Cover the dish and place it back in the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven then add the butter and parmesan. Fold everything together until butter has melted. Finally, season the risotto to taste and serve immediately with fresh herbs and a drizzle of truffle oil.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT Sausage risotto:
Do I have to use beef sausages? Not at all. I like the combination of beef and mushroom but absolutely experiment with your favourite flavours.
What is arborio rice? Arborio is an Italian short-grain rice. Because it is a high-starch grain, it is ideal for making risottos creamy.
Pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 500g beef sausages
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g mushrooms, halved
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 25g butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 Tbsp truffle infused oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC fanbake.
- Cut each sausage into 5 pieces and roll into balls. Spread out on a non-stick oven tray and bake for 25 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- In an ovenproof dish, sauté onion with olive oil. Add garlic and mushrooms then stir together to brown for a few minutes.
- Add rice and pour stock in slowly while stirring it all together. Cover and put into the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes then give it a stir and add in cooked sausage meatballs. Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then add butter and parmesan. Fold together until butter has melted.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with fresh herbs and a drizzle of truffle oil.
- You can also add fresh rocket at the end if you like.
- To make this vegetarian leave out the sausages and use vegetable stock.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 1549mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 32g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.