This is my go-to recipe for lamb shanks in the slow cooker, it is so easy and the meat comes out perfect.
Anyone can make it you just throw all of the ingredients in the Slow Cooker in the morning and then that night they will be perfect. You can add other vegetables if you have them on hand.
You can serve it with mash, jacket potatoes or some crusty bread and winter greens.
CLICK HERE TO PIN THIS POST TO YOUR DINNER IDEAS BOARD ON PINTEREST AND SAVE IT FOR LATER
Check out the recipe below.
Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks
Yield 4-5 serves
This is my super simple recipe for lamb shanks in the slow cooker, its so easy and they always come out melt in your mouth perfect.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4-5 lamb shanks
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp cornflour
• Cut lamb shanks around the bone end so that the meat bunches up while cooking.
• Add onion, shanks, carrots, canned tomatoes, beef stock, cumin, salt, bay leaves and water to the slow cooker and mix to combine.
• Make sure bones are sticking up and put on the lid.
• Cook for 4 hours on high or up to 8 hours on low.
• Mix cornflour with a little cold water and pour in 20 mins before serving to thicken up liquid.
• Serve on mash or with sides of your choice.
Cuisine New Zealand
Here is the step-by-step video