This delicious beef ragu is made with beef shin and cooked in the slow cooker which gives it a lovely rich flavour.
In this recipe you can also use gravy beef, lamb shanks or even beef cheeks if you like.
This recipe can be served with any type of pasta you like or even mashed potato. Gnocchi is amazing with it as well.
I find that this recipe makes enough for around 12 portions so I freeze the leftovers in batches for use at a later date.
Click here to pin this post to your dinners board on Pinterest and save it for later
More slow cooker recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
This delicious ragu is made with beef shin and cooked in the slow cooker which gives it a lovely rich flavour.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 300 grams mushrooms chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 rashers of bacon sliced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 bay leaves
- 1.2 kg beef shin
Stir all ingredients together in the slow cooker then lay beef on top.
- Cook on high for 4+ hours or low for 7+ hours.
Remove beef and shred the meat, discard bones then add meat back to the sauce and stir. Season to taste.
- Serve on top of pasta of your choice with parmesan grated on top.
- This recipe would work well with gravy beef or brisket and even lamb shanks.
- Serve on pasta, mashed potato, couscous or rice.