This easy pineapple and coconut cake with cream cheese icing is so moreish.
I love the textures in this Pineapple and Coconut Cake. The cake itself is super soft while also being moist from the pineapple as well as having that great coconut bite to it. Then add to this the creamy, silky cream cheese icing and you've got a match made in heaven. If you don't have cream cheese a lemon or lime icing would go really well with the pineapple.
My favourite cakes are ones that you can mix up in minutes in one bowl. I've used canned, crushed pineapple in this recipe. If you only have pineapple pieces or slices in the cupboard you can pop these in the blender to get them nice and pulpy. Also, this cake can easily be made gluten free by substituting the flour for gluten free flour. The pineapple helps to keep it moist for up to three days in an airtight container.
How to make pineapple and coconut cake:
Start by pre-heating the oven to 170°C fanbake. Next whisk together the melted butter and sugar before adding the eggs. Stir through the coconut and pineapple then mix again. Sift in dry ingredients and fold until combined. Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
Let the cake cool before icing. Whip the cream cheese then add the pineapple and icing sugar, mixing it until thick and creamy. Spread over the cooled cake and serve.
Common questions about pineapple and coconut cake:
What size tin should I make this in? My tin is 19cm square. You could also make this in a round tin if you prefer - a 20cm tin would be best.
How long does this cake keep for? This cake will keep really well for 3 days in an airtight container in the pantry. If stored in the fridge it can go a bit hard.
Pin this post to your cakes board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 150g butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (250g)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1½ cups plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 200g cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 170°C fanbake.
- In a large bowl whisk together butter and sugar then stir in the eggs. Add pineapple and coconut and mix again.
- Sift in flour and baking powder then fold all ingredients together until combined.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let the cake cool on a baking rack before icing.
- Use a mixer or electric beater to whisk cream cheese for 2 minutes. Add icing sugar and crushed pineapple. Whisk again to mix it all together until it is thick and creamy.
- Spread over the cooled cake and serve.
- Lime zest would be a lovely addition to the icing.
- If you can't get cream cheese a standard lemon or lime icing would be delicious.
- If you only have pineapple pieces or slices you could blend them first.
- To make this gluten free, simply substitute the flour for gluten free flour.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.