A soft and fluffy vanilla cake decorated with rainbow sprinkles. The perfect cake for a celebration or birthday party.
This is such a happy cake! If you've got a family birthday coming up or you just want to something fun for the lunchboxes, then my Vanilla Sprinkle Cake is the one for you.
Made from simple, pantry staples, this cake is so easy to whip up. I've used two different types of sprinkles for mine; hundreds and thousands in the cake and some fancier cake decorating sprinkles from Chef's Complements for the icing. This cake would also be delicious with chocolate, lemon or passionfruit icing.
How to make vanilla sprinkle cake:
Start by preheating the oven to 170°C fanbake. Add flour, baking powder and sugar to a large bowl then whisk together. Melt the butter in the microwave then add in the milk and vanilla. Stir together and pour on top of dry ingredients.
Add the eggs and stir. Gently fold in the sprinkles and mix until all ingredients are combined. Pour batter into the cake tray, bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven and leave it in the tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. To make the icing, beat the butter for 1 minute before adding the icing sugar and milk. Spread on to the cake then scatter over the sprinkles. Cut into slices and serve.
Common questions about Vanilla Sprinkle cake:
What size cake tray did you use? My cake tray is 22cm x 30cm.
How long will this cake keep for? This cake keeps well in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the pantry.
Pin this post to your baking board on Pinterest and save it for later
AD – THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE POSSIBLE BY GIFTED INGREDIENTS FROM COUNTDOWN SUPERMARKETS, MY BRAND AMBASSADOR PARTNER.
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 2 cups plain flour (300g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 125g butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 Tbsp sprinkles
- 75g butter, softened
- 1.5 cups icing sugar (240g)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C fanbake. Line a cake tray with baking paper
- Add flour, baking powder and sugar to a large bowl, whisk together.
- Melt butter in a glass jug in the microwave, add the milk and vanilla essence. Stir together and pour on top of the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and stir. Gently fold in the sprinkles and mix until all ingredients are just combined.
- Pour batter into the cake tray and bake for 30 minutes - until a skewer comes out clean.
- Stand in the tray for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Icing: In a mixer or with hand held beaters, whisk butter on high for one minute. Add the icing sugar, vanilla essence and milk.
- Beat until the mixture is smooth, pale and fluffy. Spread on to the cooled cake and scatter over sprinkles. Cut the cake into slices then serve.
- My cake tray is 22cm x 30cm.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.