This no-bake Snifters lump slice is made with a chocolate biscuit base and a dark chocolate mint topping.
When I saw the new Snifters Lumps come into stores I thought I need to create a new slice recipe with them. This one turned out so good with the chocolate biscuits in the base, it gives a delicious flavour along with the Snifters lumps. I topped mine with a layer of dark chocolate and a dash of peppermint essence to give it that extra minty taste.
If you don't have Chocolate Wheatens you could use another type of chocolate biscuit like Chocolate Thins or Digestives. The topping would also look great and taste delicious with white chocolate instead of the dark.
HOW TO MAKE no-bake snifters lump slice:
First of all melt the butter with the sweetened condensed milk in the microwave. Blitz your chocolate biscuits into a fine crumb and add them to the warm butter and condensed milk. When you mix these together it will melt the chocolate biscuits and create a lovely base layer.
Chop up the Snifters lumps with a large knife, to make them easier to chop you can chill them in the freezer first. Keep around six lumps aside for the topping.
I chose to use Dark Chocolate Wheatens but most chocolate biscuits or even Milk Arrowroot’s would work in this slice.
Add the mixture to a lined slice tin. Press down with a spatular and push it out to the edges. Smooth out the top with the back of a metal spoon. Chill in the fridge while you make the topping. Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts until smooth, stir in the oil and peppermint essence.
Pour it over the base and smooth to the edges. If the chocolate seems to thick add more oil until it is smooth. I like to tap the tin on the bench a few times to get out any air bubbles in the melted chocolate. This ensures a smooth layer on top. To finish scatter over the extra chopped snifter lumps.
Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight) until set. You can speed up the process by putting it into the freezer for 30 minutes. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
This recipe can also be made as a Perky Nana slice . My friend Anna from Just a Mum NZ has a recipe for Pineapple lump slice too, check it out on her website here. If you are after more minty goodness try out my recipe for Dark Chocolate Peppermint Slice
QUESTIONS ABOUT No-bake slices:
How long does snifters slice take to set? It takes around 2-4 hours in the fridge (even better overnight) but you can speed up the process by putting it into the freezer for 30 minutes.
How to store this slice? I store mine in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, (if it lasts that long!).
What size slice tin do you use: My slice tin is 20 x 20 cm.
Pin this post to your slices board on Pinterest and save it for later
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 100g butter
- 100g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pack Dark Chocolate Wheaten biscuits (200g), crushed
- 1 packet Snifters lumps (140g)
- 180g dark chocolate
- 1.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- Line a 20 X 20cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add butter and condensed milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second bursts until all the ingredients have melted together and stir well.
- Pour in the crushed biscuits then mix until combined.
- Roughly chop the Snifters lumps (set aside about 6 lumps for the topping) then add to the base ingredients, mix well.
- Press the mixture into the tray, spread to the edges and smooth the top with the back of a metal spoon. Put it in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Topping: Melt together the dark chocolate with the oil in 30 seconds bursts in the microwave. Stir until it is smooth then add the peppermint essence and stir again. If it seems a bit thick then add more oil until the chocolate is nice and runny.
- Pour the chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges. I like to tap the tin on the bench a few times to get out any air bubbles in the melted chocolate and it ensures a smooth finish on top.
- Top with the extra chopped snifter lumps.
- Chill in the fridge until set for 2+ hours. Take out of the fridge 20 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).
- If you don't have Chocolate Wheatens you could use another type of chocolate biscuit like Thins or Digestives.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- To make it easier to chop, chill the lumps in the freezer before cutting them up.
- To speed up the setting process you can chill it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING OUT MY RECIPE.
FOLLOW ALONG AT MY FACEBOOK PAGE.