This no-bake, dark chocolate peppermint slice is made with crushed biscuits, rice bubbles and condensed milk.
I had a craving for dark chocolate peppermint slice and I also wanted something crispy so I added rice bubbles to add some crunch.
I was so happy after testing the recipe a few times and now it is the perfect mix of crispy base and decadent chocolate topping.
It is such a simple recipe, you just melt the butter, chocolate and condensed milk together then stir it in with the crushed biscuits and rice bubbles.
I used Milk Arrowroot biscuits but most plain biscuits would work well too.
My favourite dark chocolate is Whittaker's 50% cocoa which I think really makes this slice so moreish. You could use any chocolate you like and even chocolate melts would work.
If you prefer milk chocolate that would taste amazing too so just adapt it to your taste.
I'm so proud of this dark chocolate peppermint slice, I'm sure once you make it and see how quick and easy it is you will be taking it to every morning tea and family get together you go to.
Common questions about Chocolate Peppermint Slice:
What size tin should I use? My tin is 18 x 27cm.
What other plain biscuits could I use? Any plain biscuits such as Super Wines, Maries, Vanilla Wines or even Krispies would work in this recipe!
MADE THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE CLICK ON THE STARS BELOW AND RATE IT!
- 125g dark chocolate (4.4oz)
- 200g condensed milk (7oz)
- 150g butter (5.5oz)
- 1 packet arrowroot biscuits, finely crushed (250g/9oz)
- 1 cup rice bubbles/krispies
- 190g dark chocolate
- 1.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- Line a 18 X 27cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add chocolate, condensed milk and butter to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second bursts until all the ingredients have melted together and stir well.
- Add to the crushed biscuits and rice bubbles and mix until all combined. Press the mixture into the tray, spread to the edges and smooth the top with the back of a metal spoon.
- For the topping: Melt together the rest of the dark chocolate with the oil in the microwave. Stir until it is smooth then add the peppermint essence and stir again. If it seems a bit thick then add more oil until it is nice and runny.
- Pour the chocolate over the base and spread it evenly to the edges. Chill in the fridge until set then use a large knife to cut into slices and serve.
- This recipe can be made into a dark chocolate orange slice by swapping the peppermint essence for orange essence flavour.
- I used Whittaker's 50% cocoa dark chocolate
- If you don't have Arrowroot biscuits you could use another plain biscuit like Maries or Graham crackers
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate. Please use your own calculations if you require a special diet.