This easy recipe for no-bake gingernut slice is a real crowd pleaser.
I’ve had this idea to make a Gingernut slice for the last few months and I thought was about time I tried it out. It’s such a simple recipe you just mix the base ingredients together and then ice it with a simple ginger and golden syrup icing.
How to make gingernut slice:
First of all blitz the Gingernuts in the food processor until they are fine crumbs. Melt together the sweetened condensed milk and butter in the microwave, stir in the gingernuts and you have your base mixture.
Press the base mixture into a lined baking tin. My tin is 20 cm x 20 cm square. Chill the base in the fridge while you make the icing.
To make the icing simply melt the butter with golden syrup then sift in the ground ginger and icing sugar. Whisk it together until it is smooth and spread evenly over the base.
Chill in the fridge until it is set and then slice it into bite size pieces. I like to store my Gingernut slice in the fridge. It will last for up to a week in an airtight container but usually in my house it only lasts a couple of days because it is so tasty.
This new twist on the classic Gingernut is a real crowd pleaser. The perfect treat to take along to shared morning tea.
More easy slice recipes to try:
Check out the easy recipe below:
Yield 16 pieces
- 1 packet Gingernut biscuits (250g) (9oz), crushed
- 120g (4oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 120g (4oz) butter
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 1 Tbsp golden syrup
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- Finely crushed Gingernuts in a food processor.
- Melt together condensed milk and butter in the microwave. (1 minute 30 seconds)
- Stir together then add the crushed biscuits and mix well.
- Press mixture into lined baking tin. (20 x 20 cm) (8 x 8in)
- Chill base in the freezer while you make the icing.
- Icing: Melt butter and golden syrup in the microwave then mix together.
- Sift in icing sugar and ginger then whisk everything together until smooth.
- Spread ginger icing over the base and chill in the fridge until set for 2+ hours.
- Take out of the fridge 10 minutes before cutting into slices (this makes it easier to cut).